Career Officer
Anybody have any suggestions about the best Fed hangar pets?
Lieutenant
# 2
03-07-2014, 04:56 AM
my personal fav is the peregrine fighters, have em on my caitian carrier and they own most things, I only have the advanced ones don't even know if there are any elite ones?
Captain
# 3
03-07-2014, 04:56 AM
Another GX player I suppose?

Romur is its the yellowstone Runabout.
I honestly use whatever I like looking at at the moment, since I consider the GX and Akira only funships anyway....
Support more story content in STO
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-07-2014, 04:58 AM
I like the Elite Peregrines, for the federation look. Although statistically the Elite Scorpions are the best all rounder, fighter wise. Yellowstone's are probably the best shuttle
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Lieutenant
# 5
03-07-2014, 05:11 AM
The elite yellowstones are awesome and they can take a pounding, phasers, chroniton torps, tractors and a tet warp plasma
Captain Cavillian
Captain
# 6
03-07-2014, 05:22 AM
I don't pvp much, but I've been hearing that yellowstones are absolute demons in there.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Feds don't have a good pet. Get the scorpions, they work.
Empire Veteran
# 8
03-07-2014, 05:49 AM
Depends on what you are looking for.

For harassers, you can't beat the Yellowstone shuttles. They have a tetryon warp plasma (eject warp plasma) and a tractor beam 3. They are armed with phaser beams and chroniton torpedoes.

The elite delta flyers are useful for depleting or getting through shields with tachyon beam 3. They have transphasic torpedoes and phaser beams.

The Elite peregrine fighters are ok, since they have quantum torpedoes.

The elite scorpions have high damage if they can stay alive, thanks to the high yield plasma torpedoes. Though those same torpedoes are targetable and can be destroyed unlike the peregrine's quantum torps.

The type 10 shuttles (which I have never used) are tougher than fighters, and you can launch up to 6 of these. Their damage is lower than other pets, but would be good for absorbing faw spam and general harassment. They would also be good for soaking up mines and high yield torpedoesI suppose.

The other Fed pets are uh...not so great.
Career Officer
# 9
03-07-2014, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmadden View Post
my personal fav is the peregrine fighters, have em on my caitian carrier and they own most things, I only have the advanced ones don't even know if there are any elite ones?
Yes there are http://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_El...grine_Fighters

I decided to go with Yellowstone Runabouts for my new Fleet Dreadnaught Cruiser http://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_-_Yellowstone_Runabouts Edit: Judging by the comments in this thread, I made the right choice.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 03-07-2014 at 06:10 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
03-07-2014, 06:21 AM
I don't think there is a "best".

Yellowstones (and other runabouts) do poor damage, but you don't use them for the damage. They're a "control" pet.

Elite Peregrines are better than most people give them credit for; their quantum torpedoes do consistent, moderate-high damage and their CRF strips shields pretty well.

Elite Scorpions wield a kinetic hammer against large, unshielded targets.

Elite Widows let you cheat and spread APB everywhere... until they fix that bug.

Elite Swarmers are great all-arounders.