Ensign
# 461
03-07-2014, 04:13 AM
I dont know if im the only one who noticed... but Cryptic didnt fix an error in the Gal X model which is there for more then a Year now... The cannon shaft on the down side of the saucer is still not in the center... its too much on the right. Does no one else see that?
Career Officer
# 462
03-07-2014, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondix84 View Post
I dont know if im the only one who noticed... but Cryptic didnt fix an error in the Gal X model which is there for more then a Year now... The cannon shaft on the down side of the saucer is still not in the center... its too much on the right. Does no one else see that?
Yeah we know, and we have been telling them for years but it's too much effort to correct obviously. On a plus the Venture skin is gorgeous.

http://i.imgur.com/S72QjLc.jpg

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 463
03-07-2014, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abystander0 View Post
Show where they used the word warship. I don't recall seeing that in the description or the Blog. I got mine when it was first introduced, and don't recall it being called a warship then.

The Galaxy-X is a Cruiser (Engineering) Dreadnaught.

The boff seating limits the player in his options tactically. You simply have more engineering flexibility with the current set up.

Let me break this to you now...A Lt commander tactical slot will not magically bring this boat up to par with the Scimitar nor the JHDC. The way you are going to get that kind of performance is with the same layout those two ships have. If you want that, then fly those ships.

In case this has escaped you: I am unhappy with the Galaxy-X for a different reason. I do not like what Cryptic has done with it.

You don't get to close a discussion because it's inconvenient or makes you unhappy.
Woah tiger..

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dreadnaught?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/battleship?s=t

A dreadnaught is a type of battleship which happens to be a warship. And it will never be a proper one without a lt cmdr tac station. Don't blame the overwhelming demand for it, blame cryptic for 1 labeling it a dreadnaught (more of a heavy cruiser) and not giving it the strong arm a dreadnaught deserves.
May good management be with you.
Career Officer
# 464
03-07-2014, 05:22 AM
I think part of the problem is the Star Trek franchise itself. Let's be honest, Star Trek is not the best example of consistency. The way uniforms, ship roles, etc. change from series to series leaves a lot open to interpretation for fans and devs.

Star Fleet is a peaceful organization of explorers whose ships are not warships, but can somehow always match or best the ships of warring races like the Klingons, Romulans, Jem Hadar, Borg, etc. This is partially done through good old human creativity and also good sci-fi writers who recognize the need for Starfleet to actually survive these battles...

And then you have random events like the Galaxy X appearing once in a possible future that obviously does not come to fruition. To be honest, this ship should not exist in a cannon timeline, such as STO. But it is a game and fans really wanted it so CBS/Cryptic green lit it. So I can see where Cryptic envisions this ship sticking with the general cruiser line of abilities while fans want it to be more of a warship and true dreadnaught.

Cryptic tries to keep a sense of cannon and consistency in the game, but they are not perfect and it does not always go as planned...and that is ok...it is just a game. They will never please everyone and that is life. Kudos to them for even going back to an old ship and trying to update it. I am fairly new to the game, about 1 year in, but it appears to me they did listen to some of the feedback, and some not so much. If you are really unhappy with it, don't buy it. Cryptic will notice how many or how little new Galaxy ships are sold and they will make change decisions based on that data.

I am not trying to suck up to Cryptic, just sharing my view. I think some fans are overreacting, but there are others who have legitimate gripes and hopefully Cryptic will address these. Just my opinion and I hope we an keep up the good and civil discussions.
Lt. Commander
# 465
03-07-2014, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kortaag View Post
A dreadnaught is a type of battleship which happens to be a warship. And it will never be a proper one without a lt cmdr tac station. Don't blame the overwhelming demand for it, blame cryptic for 1 labeling it a dreadnaught (more of a heavy cruiser) and not giving it the strong arm a dreadnaught deserves.
Really would have made things easier if Cryptic had put all Tac-heavy cruisers (Or all ships claiming to be damage-oriented tanks) into a single classification. Though I don't know if I could reconcile the Galaxy-X's array of giant weapons with Heavy Cruisers such as the Cheyenne or Excelsior.

Either way, the Dreadnought label does seem fitting for this game, and how ships are classified here. So I'd certainly like it to see this ship get more of a reason to have this title.
Career Officer
# 466
03-07-2014, 08:13 AM
The gal x gets compared to the scim with good reason. They are suppose to be that big scary ship for their faction.

The gal x does not need to be a scim. I'm not sure it even needs a Lt TAC boff slot.

What it DOES need is SOMETHING for a scim pilot to be jealous of. Something that makes them go "man I wish I had that."

The lance is cool but it is a gimmick. Change the cool down to 30 seconds or a minute. With the lance the X should do more damage per minute with phaser weapons than any other damage type. As is you can ignore the lance and use ap or plasma and do more damage per minute than if you use phaser and the lance. You should want to use phasers on the X because they are BETTER, not just to play with a gimmick.

You had to put a hanger bay on it... At least give us something cool to put in it. Something better than rom drones. Something a rom player would wish they could use.

Hanger pet
Defiant
Max 1 active per bay
Gal x only
Quad phaser cannon
Phaser dhc
Phaser dbb
Quantom torps
Phaser turret
Ep2w
Crf
Beam overload

Cloaks When the gal x does.

People would eat this stuff up and also probably thank you for it.
--------------------------------
I want to propose to my JH Dread.....but I can't afford the 500million EC cover charge at the jewelry store.
Empire Veteran
# 467
03-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kortaag View Post
Woah tiger..

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dreadnaught?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/battleship?s=t

I said it before, that it was a bad idea for Cryptic to attach dreadnaught to this ship.

Yes, a dreadnaught is another name for battleship for the rest of us. Cryptic for some reason thought it was just a cool name to slap on a ship that isn't one.

I don't place any blame for anyone wanting it to have more firepower. The fault is Cryptic's for raising expectations.

I just happen to have a different view of how to accomplish that, and am willing to discuss the issue.

When someone tries to take me to task over having a discussion, I don't take kindly to it.
Empire Veteran
# 468
03-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamif3 View Post
The gal x gets compared to the scim with good reason. They are suppose to be that big scary ship for their faction.

The gal x does not need to be a scim. I'm not sure it even needs a Lt TAC boff slot.

What it DOES need is SOMETHING for a scim pilot to be jealous of. Something that makes them go "man I wish I had that."

The lance is cool but it is a gimmick. Change the cool down to 30 seconds or a minute. With the lance the X should do more damage per minute with phaser weapons than any other damage type. As is you can ignore the lance and use ap or plasma and do more damage per minute than if you use phaser and the lance. You should want to use phasers on the X because they are BETTER, not just to play with a gimmick.

You had to put a hanger bay on it... At least give us something cool to put in it. Something better than rom drones. Something a rom player would wish they could use.

Hanger pet
Defiant
Max 1 active per bay
Gal x only
Quad phaser cannon
Phaser dhc
Phaser dbb
Quantom torps
Phaser turret
Ep2w
Crf
Beam overload

Cloaks When the gal x does.

People would eat this stuff up and also probably thank you for it.
The only thing that the Galaxy-X really should have in my opinion, is to have the spinal phaser work like it did in the show. It blew right through the hull of a Negh'var like it's shield wasn't even there. It punched 5 shots through it in under a minute. Not one shot every 3 minutes, that doesn't do all that much to a shielded target if it hits. It didn't need cannons or any amazing tactical ability to do that. The only weapon that the Enterprise fired was that amazing bfg. That's what we should have.

It also could travel at warp 13...when is mine going to get that? Also I seriously doubt that the cloak was a modular component (It should be integrated).

If it could do that, I think people would be satisfied.

I still think the hangar is stupid.

By the way...Where is the KDF's scary ship?
Career Officer
# 469
03-07-2014, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abystander0 View Post
The only thing that the Galaxy-X really should have in my opinion, is to have the spinal phaser work like it did in the show. It blew right through the hull of a Negh'var like it's shield wasn't even there. It punched 5 shots through it in under a minute. Not one shot every 3 minutes, that doesn't do all that much to a shielded target if it hits. It didn't need cannons or any amazing tactical ability to do that. The only weapon that the Enterprise fired was that amazing bfg. That's what we should have.

It also could travel at warp 13...when is mine going to get that? Also I seriously doubt that the cloak was a modular component (It should be integrated).

If it could do that, I think people would be satisfied.

I still think the hangar is stupid.

By the way...Where is the KDF's scary ship?
At least everyone can agree it needs something

And as someone that pvps a little here and there and does not play Klink....i fear those bop buffs
--------------------------------
I want to propose to my JH Dread.....but I can't afford the 500million EC cover charge at the jewelry store.
Commander
# 470
03-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Defiant pet? Not gonna happen.

The ship should not have a hangar. It should have better tac seating and a revamped lance.