Commander
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 276
# 21
03-07-2014, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capemike4 View Post
Funny you should mention that...I've been considering trying to put together some fun STF action with Tier-1 and 2 ships...I'm not much of an organizer, though...I generally just suggest the ideas, and let someone else work out the logistics....

...that said, though, I'm -all in- on a pure Tier-1 STF run or 2...; though on my main lv 50 Fed character, my TOS Connie's going in there with the best equipment I can put on it, aside from the Retro Phaser banks, which stay out of pure nostalgia...; toss me a message in-game, sometime!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
+1 on this
@ capemike4

I actually have started a channel called Star Trek Battles that runs along your idea just that you can use ANY ship you want. It has been so much fun and there are some guidelines but the main goal of it is to have fun and it has been for me and the feedback has been very positive.

So to capemike4 and bugspatteredjack I suggest looking at my thread

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1026351

and if your interested, or anyone really, lmk and just leave me your @handle.

Mine is trizeo@trizeo1
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 101
# 22
03-07-2014, 12:11 PM
its all about having fun..

i'm seeing so many peeps getting agroed about playing the game, unreal.

trust me in my T5 ships i cause pros......

have fun..

see you out there.


www.spacewolves.org
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 711
# 23
03-07-2014, 12:44 PM
Well, perhaps instead of banning certain ships or levels from stfs, they should make ones specifically for those ships and levels. I don't have a problem with tier 1 or so ships joining in. Most of the time they do more to help than some of you tier 5 users. I'm mostly referring to you cannon escorts and scimitar pilots who sit in 1spot and turret everything, like having to fly your ship is such an effort. Or the ones who ignore the probes going for the gateway, like its beneath you because you have a ship like that. You guys are usually the cause of a missed optional because you assume someone else is going to take up your slack.

If someone chooses go use an old ship in an stf, they're perfectly free to do so. There are so many complaints about them all being too easy anyway that it shouldn't even be a problem for most of you, unless you're just all talk.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,004
# 24
03-07-2014, 12:50 PM
Thread move
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 25
03-07-2014, 01:04 PM
What's hilarious is that there are so many uber DPS builders out there, you're likely to encounter at least one or two in the public queues, so having someone in there in a PoS Connie or Cannon Fodder shouldn't be a problem.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,152
# 26
03-07-2014, 01:23 PM
my eng could put out 1800dps in a connie running around voth zone. curious about how much it could have done in an exeter. i have seen escorts do less in estf.

on a side note, i know for a fact 2 connies and rep 3 torp mirandas can clear conduit elite.

vortex and cure have too high of a dps demand though.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.

Last edited by skollulfr; 03-07-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 555
# 27
03-07-2014, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaris View Post
1. Please... show me this mythical 10k Miranda build.

Also, it's not always about firepower output... the Borg still hit hard, so you need some hull and shields. Remember, you do 0 DPS when dead.
1. It was an example, going with the point that as some people can do more damage with T1s than some other people in T5s, and hence it is pointless to restrict T1s from turning up just because they are T1. Numbers were entirely irrelevant. Of course, as you seem to have missed that completely...

To answer your somewhat patronising point, a Miranda can easily do 10k as a spike value with common/uncommon RA gear, as a normal person with real understanding of mechanics and how to max damage out. Put in some DPS god with a perfect build and 10k DPS overall has to be achievable, despite its mere 3 weapons slots, 3 console slots and 3 ensign level Boff seats.

2. Solution is not get killed. A bit difficult, but not impossible, just have enough people and things for them to target anything but you.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,509
# 28
03-07-2014, 01:45 PM
Some people are saying that those who want to play in a T1 ship should go create a private for that... Well guess what? You don't want to run the risk of playing with a T1 ship? Go make your own private match!

EDIT: If I see a T1 ship in an STF, I will be happy for the change of pace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,052
# 29
03-07-2014, 01:49 PM
I once accidentially took my T2 Connie into Infected Space Elite with the guys in my fleet. I was like "Oh crap I'm gonna die even with VA gear". The Borg never even looked at me, and we all got a good laugh, especially since I didn't die even once. lol
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voth Guy
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 840
# 30
03-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrjwrr View Post
Extending that logic , a person doing 5k DPS in some 2500 Zen super-ship is allowed to stay yet someone kicking out 10k DPS with their little Miranda has to leave purely because they've turned up with their little Miranda?

Granted, there aren't many people capable of out-gunning T5s with T1s, but that doesn't mean those who can do it shouldn't be allowed to.
I doubt, and for that matter highly doubt that anyone is pulling that kind of dps with a t1 ship. firstly, you just don't have the weapons and modifiers to do it. nor the boff skills..

however, if a t1 or 2 superstar who can (and I still doubt it) pull those numbers off, then they have no problem..

the problem comes from the fact that they cant. and forget about being 1 shot by borg torp, youd be basically 1 shot by the lesser plasma dot.

im all for fun and messing around, but like everyone else is saying, do it on your own time..
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 PM.