Lt. Commander
# 71 no access
01-12-2010, 12:49 PM
think yourself lucky you are getting to character screen i cannot get to there i get hung up on launcher still
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I was able to get on, create a character and then play for 10 minutes. Now I'm just greeted with a white box that says "Loading. Please Wait."
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Try changeing proxy... it helped me... its on settings on top of log in screen... when you start it not the one you crash out to
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I would if I could even get to that, the launcher just opens a lovely white box with that message and doesn't do anything anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 75
01-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Bah first day of OB & i cant get in the game as i keep been timed out on the login screen, & I see there is alot with the same problem at first i thought it was just coz I was from the UK & the server HuB is in the US but after talking to a friend from Canada he is also getting the same issue. Plz Cryptic i hope you fix this soon as i dont want to waste my 3day off iv booked sitting here twiddleing my thumbs
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spylord View Post
I don't know much about networks/servers and what not, but shouldn't they have at least a general idea of what kind of load they would get(from pre-orders) and what kind of hardware that would be needed to compensate? Considering they did make Champion Online and didn't that go through a similar senario?
Well, we'd have to have someone from closed beta confirm, but I assume this was all worked out in closed beta. No way Cryptic would have this kind of problem with a game just a couple of weeks before launch.

Oh wait, I played the first month in CO and that's right, they have this kind of problem several weeks after launch. So no surprises here really.
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I was able to log on and play for about an hour and a half just now (before being booted off the server of course). You just have to keep trying to log on if you want to play right now.

So far though, I've got to say that this is one of the smoother MMO 'launches' I've experienced. As I recall, even WoW open beta was impossible to log on to for the first day, at least for me.

I'm very positively surprised about the game, this was my first go at it and it looks promising.
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Bump. I have the same issue, and the solution of changing the proxies did not work for me. Basically it just says: "Connecting to Login Server" untill it times out. gaaah!
Lt. Commander
# 79
01-20-2010, 07:49 PM
READ THE DEV ANNOUNCEMENTS!

The server is down for maintenance, removing the level cap and opening the other episodes....

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=73651