Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 53
# 1 Galaxy-X is OP plz Nerf!! LOL!
03-07-2014, 01:04 PM
So, I took the revamped ship in a few puged stfs. After separation as we engaged the first cube, I noticed when i fired the antimatter spread that the saucer fired its antimatter spread too. So I was like oh two fer! Now the saucer did not stay alive long LOL! But the maneuverability of the battle bridge section was nice. It was like an escort without the Lt Cmdr seating. ha ha. I was able to slot Bfaw I, Torp spread I, and Beta I. So no all powerful TacTeam to slow me down. LOL! I did fire the lance spread which did hit the Cube and Gate at 5k. Going back to maneuverability, with Quantum wide-180 on front and Torp spread don't think a single torp ever missed. Conclusion this ship is way to powerful for the casual gamer.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 2
03-07-2014, 01:19 PM
Yup. Definitely OP. It out-DPSs and out-tanks my Odyssey and FACR. It's too stronk! Needs nerf-hammer! NAO!!!
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,431
# 3
03-07-2014, 01:25 PM
They need to nerf the wide beam, and place more power, more accuracy, and less weapon energy drain into the standard Spinal Lance.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 688
# 4
03-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkron View Post
So, I took the revamped ship in a few puged stfs. After separation as we engaged the first cube, I noticed when i fired the antimatter spread that the saucer fired its antimatter spread too. So I was like oh two fer! Now the saucer did not stay alive long LOL! But the maneuverability of the battle bridge section was nice. It was like an escort without the Lt Cmdr seating. ha ha. I was able to slot Bfaw I, Torp spread I, and Beta I. So no all powerful TacTeam to slow me down. LOL! I did fire the lance spread which did hit the Cube and Gate at 5k. Going back to maneuverability, with Quantum wide-180 on front and Torp spread don't think a single torp ever missed. Conclusion this ship is way to powerful for the casual gamer.
You need to stop trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
They need to nerf the wide beam, and place more power, more accuracy, and less weapon energy drain into the standard Spinal Lance.
You mean this.

Last edited by projectfrontier; 03-07-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 53
# 5
03-07-2014, 02:25 PM
Being all serious with thousands of post from the community about a revamp has helped drive in the product we now have. Own it and move on. I bought the Dreadnought last year so did not qualify for the bundle, but I went and bought the Venture and Retro during sale. Why you might ask cause like most of the community I Luv this game. I found this game late but have been playing every day for past year and any support I can give to keep it going I will continue to do. Just hope it dont go the way or City of Heroes a friend of mine told me about. He loved that game and when i ask him about it he still gets sad.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,021
# 6
03-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkron View Post
Being all serious with thousands of post from the community about a revamp has helped drive in the product we now have. Own it and move on. I bought the Dreadnought last year so did not qualify for the bundle, but I went and bought the Venture and Retro during sale. Why you might ask cause like most of the community I Luv this game. I found this game late but have been playing every day for past year and any support I can give to keep it going I will continue to do. Just hope it dont go the way or City of Heroes a friend of mine told me about. He loved that game and when i ask him about it he still gets sad.
let me get this straight. you bought and spent money on something you didn't even plan on using, or want, just to give cryptic cash?? this is one of the many reasons they don't get metrics, next timeyou want to spend money, buy keys or something.. lol..

supporting your game is one thing, randomly spending money on crap you don't want is just a little crazy.. you must be oprah rich..
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,479
# 7
03-07-2014, 02:49 PM
OP plz nerf:

Your Phaser Spinal Lance - Wide Beam deals 139403 (86186) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Tholian Recluse.

haha, only joking, no please leave it please...

(that is a real combat log entry though

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Finally the KDF get a real killer ship:[Combat (Self)] Your Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo - High Yield III deals 229218 (73803) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 560
# 8
03-07-2014, 03:07 PM
I was never a fan of the aesthetics of this ship and admittedly its lack of tactical consoles amongst other things put me off even trying it. However, with the revamp, I have to say I was curious and so I bought the fleet dreadnought. I have to admit, dunno why folks are so unhappy with it. Managed to be the top damage dealer in three out of four PVP matches (random pugs vs premades) and in PVE I have yet to die. Sure, there are things I agree with what folks are saying about it but that being said, my damage is equal too if not on par with my fleet excelsior at the moment. The build is a typical a2b build with your specialized consoles, etc...

I haven't decided yet if he bay is useless and I haven't bothered outfitting the cloak and antimatter spread console, not to mention the saucer separation. Is it really worth it?
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)

Last edited by bugspatteredjack; 03-07-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,240
# 9
03-07-2014, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
I was never a fan of the aesthetics of this ship and admittedly its lack of tactical consoles amongst other things put me off even trying it. However, with the revamp, I have to say I was curious and so I bought the fleet dreadnought. I have to admit, dunno why folks are so unhappy with it. Managed to be the top damage dealer in three out of four PVP matches (random pugs vs premades) and in PVE I have yet to die. Sure, there are things I agree with what folks are saying about it but that being said, my damage is equal too if not on par with my fleet excelsior at the moment. The build is a typical a2b build with your specialized consoles, etc...

I haven't decided yet if he bay is useless and I haven't bothered outfitting the cloak and antimatter spread console, not to mention the saucer separation. Is it really worth it?
The cloak isn't really worth it. Since it doesn't hold any big bonuses, I'd say go ahead and dump it. HOWEVER, the Antimatter Spread and Saucer Separation consoles ARE worth it: Saucer Separation alone gives you a big boost - for -5-10% Hull HP and Shields, you gain +10 turn rate, which puts you at a base ranking of 16 turn, up there with most basic Escorts. Antimatter Spread is good for getting opponents off your tail if you're swamped, but together they make it worthwhile as they increase your defense and turn (the description says +20 Hull Defense and one other and a +1 Turn, but the Turn rate actually feels more like a +2, which puts it up there with the Excelsior and the Heavy Cruiser. Separated, that means your base turn is now 17-18.

Add that with the abilities to mount Dual Cannons and you got a very basic beast here. It's no Avenger, but as you're seeing, it's not something to laugh at anymore.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,881
# 10
03-07-2014, 10:14 PM
The lance is back to its original powerful state before an age old Nerf and I say leave it like that.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 AM.