Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 17
# 1 Defiant Specification Review
03-07-2014, 09:26 PM
NAME, REGISTRY U.S.S. Defiant, NX-74205
STARSHIP CLASS Defiant-Class Escort (experimental prototype)
YEAR COMMISSIONED 2371
LENGTH 120 M
WIDTH 100 M
HEIGHT 25 M
WEIGHT 355,000 MT
DECKS 4
CREW COMPLEMENT 50 Crewmen (15 skeletal crew)
PRIMARY PROPULSION Matter/Antimatter Reactor Type-VII (warp quadcore)
SECONDARY PROPULSION 2 Deuterium Fusion Drive motors (impulse engines)
SUSTAINABLE WARP 7 (Cruise Velocity); 9.8 (12 hours); 9.982 (Max)
ARMAMENT Ablative Hull Armor; Twin-Pulse Phaser Cannons; 8 Torpedo Launchers: Mark-VIII and Mark-IX Photon Torpedoes and Mark-X Quantum Torpedoes
COMPUTER CORE 1 Main Computer Core. Isolinear optical circuits.
AUXILIARY CRAFT 2 Danube-Class Runabouts
CLOAKING DEVICE Romulan D’Deridex-class Warbird cloak


some of the old stuff just iignore but the cloaking device and the 2 danubes would be awesome

these are the acctuall specs for the defiant I would like these upgrades ASAP please
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 706
# 2
03-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Umm...k? Not sure the point of this.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,307
# 3
03-07-2014, 09:31 PM
.....You DO know how this game works right OP?
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 924
# 4
03-07-2014, 09:34 PM
The Defiant has a flavor that comes with a cloak, one of two fed ships that offer the option, so your wish is granted.

Runabouts won't happen though. Not unless they start giving every ship in the game hangar pets. OMG, nooooo....
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlevelgod69 View Post
You're like a bad AI with no ability to question why you type these things down. Instead reacting like any scripted AI should. With conformity to the if-then-else logic you were scripted with.
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 298
# 5
03-07-2014, 09:38 PM
what do you mean you want these upgrades?

size and stuff, we already have (mostly). and FYI, the length of the defiant is still rather debatable. major kira stated it was 180, whereas a behind the scenes on the defiant, as well as math related to the model, states 120 (or i may have these two numbers backwards, i forget now.) it all depends what makes a source canon to you. in the show, or behind the scenes?

the warp core and all that is a bit old news, seeing as how we have MK12 now, which is alot better then MK7, though if you really want a MK7 warp core on your defiant, go right ahead.

no way in hell is the defiant getting a shuttle. no. way. in. hell. EVER.

the only thing i can think of as an upgrade is the cloak. yeah, the first defiant had a cloak. woopie. the C-store variant has a cloak not because the romulans keep loaning ones to the federation, but because select federation ships are designed to equip them (ie. galaxy X, avenger, defiant.) and therefore, the federation designed a basic cloak for use on these ships. this cloak cannot compete with the experience and skill the romulans have with cloak, and since the original defiant was destroyed, starfleet no longer has a cloak to study. since they were allies with the romulans when the first defiant was around, i doubt starfleet tried to really study it do to their agreements with the romulans over not only that cloak, but also federation cloaking at all.

therefore, no battlecloak for feddies. sorry, no upgrade.
Timelords Fleet
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,268
# 6
03-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea2014 View Post
these are the acctuall specs for the defiant I would like these upgrades ASAP please
I'm sure you'll get that right after the Scimitar gets its actual specs, but definitely not before.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 810
# 7
03-08-2014, 12:20 AM
The Defiant is too small to house Danube class runabouts anyway. In the show, it had a pair of Type-10 shuttles.
How many Starfleet Engineers does it take to exchange an Anti-positronic Photon Emitter?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 180
# 8
03-08-2014, 12:47 AM
yep i rember the whole quad cannon thing. due to dps creep they where worse then dual heavy the day the ship was released.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 663
# 9
03-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogereaver View Post
yep i rember the whole quad cannon thing. due to dps creep they where worse then dual heavy the day the ship was released.
And I still run them cause they look awesome!
STO community Doom-O-Meter: |||||||||
Career Officer
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,384
# 10
03-08-2014, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea2014 View Post
NAME, REGISTRY U.S.S. Defiant, NX-74205
STARSHIP CLASS Defiant-Class Escort (experimental prototype)
YEAR COMMISSIONED 2371
LENGTH 120 M
WIDTH 100 M
HEIGHT 25 M
WEIGHT 355,000 MT
DECKS 4
CREW COMPLEMENT 50 Crewmen (15 skeletal crew)
PRIMARY PROPULSION Matter/Antimatter Reactor Type-VII (warp quadcore)
SECONDARY PROPULSION 2 Deuterium Fusion Drive motors (impulse engines)
SUSTAINABLE WARP 7 (Cruise Velocity); 9.8 (12 hours); 9.982 (Max)
ARMAMENT Ablative Hull Armor; Twin-Pulse Phaser Cannons; 8 Torpedo Launchers: Mark-VIII and Mark-IX Photon Torpedoes and Mark-X Quantum Torpedoes
COMPUTER CORE 1 Main Computer Core. Isolinear optical circuits.
AUXILIARY CRAFT 2 Danube-Class Runabouts
CLOAKING DEVICE Romulan D’Deridex-class Warbird cloak


some of the old stuff just iignore but the cloaking device and the 2 danubes would be awesome

these are the acctuall specs for the defiant I would like these upgrades ASAP please
some of those details are incorrect, the defiant couldnt store 2 danubes even if it wanted to, its got enough for a small 2 man shuttlecraft and thats it. the defiant doesnt have photon launchers and the cloaking device like the ablative generator are additionals that were clearly after the design as a number of times in ds9 there were references to the defiant having technology others didnt know about or just suspected. the cloak is also an enhanced version at the least, its shown one time that right after the defiant threw a few volleys of phaser fire out it cloaked moments after, the cloak on sto couldnt do that until red alert ended. i also seem to remember the defiant has enough capacity to take 80 crewmen however tech books put that at 40 crewmen. so whatever the case pointing from details like that is about as accurate at the star trek galaxy maps, which are not that accurate either.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 PM.