Empire Veteran
# 11
03-11-2014, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
I just wonder do you all want to do bartender chain for 30+ days to get dev cxp to T4?
Honestly, I always found Development to be one of the easiest to max out. Even before the Dyson sphere was added in.

Exploration always has tended to be the one I have troubles getting grinded out.

Career Officer
# 12
03-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Honestly, I always found Development to be one of the easiest to max out. Even before the Dyson sphere was added in.

Exploration always has tended to be the one I have troubles getting grinded out.
I maxed exploration doing data samples. My two remaining tier III's are medical and colonial, just because always hated carrying around colonists and completely ignored medical missions that just gave 50 CXP's in favor of higher paying in other career fields.
Captain
# 13
03-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Crit Hamlet... you know you want to...
Developement is one of the easiest to get. The 3 that are low paying and a pain are:

Recruitment - if you don't hang around ds9s 3 blocks you are ever going anywhere with that - even then it's ton's of low paying turnouts( yes there are lotss of refugee turn ins around earth, but that is also a pain)

Trading - also lots of low paying short missions.

Diplomacy - again outside of the ds9 sections there are lots of tiny paying missions that will take either 20 years or 20 hours a day doffing.

Those 3 really need a balance pass.

Some say exploration - but if you have 15 plus good research labs then you can run 5 of the 450 cxp+ 20hr missions every day.

Last edited by newromulan1; 03-11-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Captain
# 14
03-11-2014, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Recruitment is extremely hard to get normally.
I always found recruitment to be one of the easiest to level by far.

Tons of assignments that are rewarding to run and are commonly in my assignments logs reward it: asylum on X, gamma officer exchange, Academy recruitment, Dominion prisoner exchange, Relocate colonists, Supports, the up- and downgrinder, etc...

You can just buy cheap rares on the exchange, grind them into commons and earn both EC and recruitment xp at the same time if you have a few empty doff slots.
Captain
Career Officer
# 16
03-14-2014, 07:04 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
STF Elite Advanced Tactics

Last edited by bluegeek; 03-14-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Lieutenant
# 17
03-21-2014, 10:27 AM
I've routine gotten about 24,000 on a crit for the Provide Shore Leave to Dyson blah mission. I'm not sure if it's working as intended or not, but it functioned the same way for both my Fed character, whose commendations are mostly maxxed out and my Romulan, who was sitting at about 80,000 Development experience before the critical and reached tier 4 on that mission alone.

And I've found recruitment and trading to be the 2 that have taken the longest to reach tier 4. Everything else has been tier 4 for quite some time and I'm just now going over 90,000 experience in those 2. I suppose recruitment could be relatively easy, but it requires the player to spend a lot of time engaging in behavior that is outside the norm for running doff missions and gaining doff experience such as doing what is suggested above.

Last edited by onyxmonolith; 03-21-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Ensign
# 18
03-21-2014, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
You all do know you get extra rewards for using purple doffs on top of the crit. Just putting that detail out there for the benefit of the people that don't know.

In the case of that assignment, you crit it with 5 purple doffs and you get 100% bonus off the crit and 100% bonus off the "doff quality".

And yes, Hamlet uses so many doffs that throwing a bunch of purples there just keeps hiking up the reward.

Can you tell me which purple doffs ie what skill they have for doing these .
Lieutenant
# 19
03-21-2014, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberator68 View Post
Can you tell me which purple doffs ie what skill they have for doing these .
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:...zation_Efforts

They are all listed here for the Federation side. The Klingon side has a different list.

Be warned in advance though that these missions are either very rare or they do not come up nearly as often as the developers intended because it's been months since I completed the end of the chains on almost all of these star clusters and I think I've seen the Support Colonization Mission that is supposed to unlock when you finish the colonization chain on the cluster twice, once for Delta Volanus and once for another in the Romulan sectors. I've never seen one in the Deep Space Nine sectors or any of the others.

Last edited by onyxmonolith; 03-21-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Ensign
# 20
03-23-2014, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
Trading - also lots of low paying short missions.
dil mine missions. 5k on crit for trade and development