Ensign
Hi all,

I've been having difficulty assigning duty officer to particular assignment.

For example, I bought an explosive expert from the Exchange

Stats: Taja/Hirogen/Male/Purple
Department: Operation
Specialization: Explosives Expert
Traits: Aggressive/Emotional/Resolve/Teamwork

When I try to start the Defuse Abandoned Orbital Mine Field assignment Taja Does not show up on the in the Roster list.

Is this a known bug or is the reason why it didn't show up on the Roster because I have Taja on active ground duty?

But I also have similar with other duty officer that I bought off the Exchange.

Can someone explain to me if I'm doing something wrong?

I appreciate any help.

Datarule.
Captain
# 2
03-08-2014, 02:32 AM
Any DOFFs on active duty, ground or space, can not be used for DOFF missions as they are not counted as being in your roster.

On the other matter of the DOFF you bought off the exchange sounds like you bought one of the opposite faction.
Ensign
# 3
03-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Thank you for you reply, I play a federation captain and the DOFF I bought have the federation symbol on the upper right corner of the picture and the color frame the picture is of Federation blue. I don't think I bought the wrong faction, did I?
Captain
# 4
03-09-2014, 03:14 AM
The trouble is that the exchange is a bit buggy, putting it nicely, and can show DOFFs as Fed when they aren't. I have fallen victim to this myself a couple of times when I first started buying DOFFs off the exchange. You can use the option to show only usable to you on the exchange as this will remove those you can't use.

In your DOFF roster does it still show the fed colour?
Ensign
# 5
03-09-2014, 09:43 PM
yes, it show the correct faction color. I can try to see if I can place it in my active ground/space slot, would that be a good indication if the DOFF is correct faction?

Also If I place a DOFF on the active ground/space than take it off the active ground/space would the DOFF appear on my Roster list?
Rihannsu
# 6
03-10-2014, 10:34 AM
did you look at the rank? That's another good way.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
03-11-2014, 02:37 AM
Also the actual DOFF interface can bug out at times. I have chosen a DOFF assignment to do and it shows no recommendations even though I know for a fact I have the relevant DOFFS for it. If this happens you click on the DOFF slot under the assignment description and the recommendations appear.
Captain
# 8
03-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Tajan is a Federation doff so that's not his issue unless his client is seriously wigging out.
-----------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========-----------------
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>>Check out my redesign concept images<<<

Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored
Commander
# 9
03-17-2014, 03:07 PM
There's been a doff bug since about the middle of last year which makes some doffs unusable. I know I've bought at least a few doffs which came bugged straight off the exchange.

If it's this bug, then there's nothing at all you can do. I and others have bug repped it. GMs can't help.