Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Commander
Going for a pure tanknig build for the fun of it...
Do I need two copies of each? Or will two copies of EPTWeapons and ONE copy of EPTShields do the trick? (I'm a little confused about how the cooldowns currently work).
Thanks!

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2014, 08:22 PM
One of each with a means of achieving Cooldown Reductions ... either through Abilities of the Captain and/or BOffs, or through DOffs.
Captain
# 3
03-07-2014, 08:23 PM
3 possible ways.

Option one is the easy way is two copies of each, activate one in alternating fashion every 15 seconds.

Second option is Damage Control Engineer doffs. 3 blues or 2 purples will allow you to run one copy of each, and since you'll have 4-6 chances per 30 seconds and only need one success to reach not-quite-global, this will be 'close enough' to handle whatever you're up against. Also note you can replicate the Emergency Engineering Holograms (if your Engineering CXP is high enough) for much cheaper than Exchange prices.

Third option is Auxiliary To Battery plus 3 Technician doffs. Even a single copy of A2B will cut EPTx skills to global, and the CD of 28 seconds on the A2B (after the Technicans) meshes up nicely with that 30-second EPTx global. Added benefit of reducing the CD of everything else you've got too, but the drawback is reduced aux power and having to farm the Technicians from B'tran.
Ensign
# 4
03-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
3 possible ways.

Option one is the easy way is two copies of each, activate one in alternating fashion every 15 seconds.

Second option is Damage Control Engineer doffs. 3 blues or 2 purples will allow you to run one copy of each, and since you'll have 4-6 chances per 30 seconds and only need one success to reach not-quite-global, this will be 'close enough' to handle whatever you're up against. Also note you can replicate the Emergency Engineering Holograms (if your Engineering CXP is high enough) for much cheaper than Exchange prices.

Third option is Auxiliary To Battery plus 3 Technician doffs. Even a single copy of A2B will cut EPTx skills to global, and the CD of 28 seconds on the A2B (after the Technicans) meshes up nicely with that 30-second EPTx global. Added benefit of reducing the CD of everything else you've got too, but the drawback is reduced aux power and having to farm the Technicians from B'tran.
I do both myself. I run 2 purple Damage Contol doffs for EPT weapon/shields 3/aux and 3 purple technician doffs for A2B. This allows almost constant reductions for CDs, and with EPTaux I can overcome the drain on aux to use my sci abilities. While this setup did take awhile to get everything for, it works really good for me. I fly a fleet Ambassador and have all fleet gear or Mk XII set items so that also effects things too.