Commander
# 11
03-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks kinda as I thought. To give people an idea of the grind it takes 64k for one piece of the mk12 omega rep ground gear and there are 3 sets of 3 items, each set boots the other members of the away team so you want the sets, add in the space sets and that can head to a million xp. Then theres the fleet gear....

Also have 60% of the rom system to do and a second new character that just hit 50.
Captain
# 12
03-12-2014, 02:08 PM
I think Starbase 24 is a good source XPs. I play it for fun... and for the dilithium. From time to time I would take look at the bottom left corner to see how much EXP I am racking up. Every now and again I see like 2k - 3k cumulative EXPs. I think one time it almost hit 5k probably because a hell of a lot of KDF starships went BOOM at the same time.... and that was not during the 2x XP event.

Perhaps I'll start a log to track how much EXPs I am getting every time I play it.
Republic Veteran
# 13
03-12-2014, 03:29 PM
It's simple really ...

PWE want you, the level 50 player, continuing to open your wallet ... IF XP was easy to get, you won't ...

So they make XP harder to get so you have to log in regularly (keeps the number of players high as well) to do DoFF missions, but DoFF missions can chew through Dil and EC very quickly as well if your not watching. So you spend money on Zen --> Dil.

They also want you buying XP Boosters fro the C-Store.
IMPERIAL AUSMONAUTS - STO Klingon & Rom-Klink Fleet.

Lt. Commander
# 14
03-12-2014, 03:46 PM
The daily dance competition on Nimbus gives over 1000 XP for about 60 seconds of work
Captain
# 15
03-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
It's simple really ...

PWE want you, the level 50 player, continuing to open your wallet ... IF XP was easy to get, you won't ...

So they make XP harder to get so you have to log in regularly (keeps the number of players high as well) to do DoFF missions, but DoFF missions can chew through Dil and EC very quickly as well if your not watching. So you spend money on Zen --> Dil.

XP hard to get?? seriously, some of you really need to re-think how you playing the game.. xp in STO is the most easy thing to get if you do 3 or 4 different things in a day. And doff assignments help a lot when you are leveling up, but after level 50 doff assignments are not really a source of xp. If you want xp, just do exploration missions regularly, and different things. If you get stuck on 1 place every day, of course xp is hard to get, what the hell u expect? lol. This is not a hash and slash game where enemies keep spawning all the time in the same place and you keep gaining xp no matter wat lol.
Republic Veteran
# 16
03-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
XP hard to get?? seriously, some of you really need to re-think how you playing the game.. xp in STO is the most easy thing to get if you do 3 or 4 different things in a day. And doff assignments help a lot when you are leveling up, but after level 50 doff assignments are not really a source of xp. If you want xp, just do exploration missions regularly, and different things. If you get stuck on 1 place every day, of course xp is hard to get, what the hell u expect? lol. This is not a hash and slash game where enemies keep spawning all the time in the same place and you keep gaining xp no matter wat lol.
Other people have a life, not everyone can play 24/7 like you. Lol, wat?
Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
Captain
# 17
03-12-2014, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidneutronium View Post
Other people have a life, not everyone can play 24/7 like you. Lol, wat?
Actually i play about 3 - 4 hours a day, and i gather more than enough exp in that time.
Republic Veteran
# 18
03-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
Actually i play about 3 - 4 hours a day, and i gather more than enough exp in that time.
1 piece of omega rep space gear cost 64000 expertise and there are 2 sets of 3 MK XII's. That's not including the ground sets.

Count yourself lucky some people can't play 2 hours a day let alone 3 or 4.
Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
Captain
# 19
03-13-2014, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
It's simple really ...

?
The few DO assignments that cost EC give items in return --- most are trade missions that give you a space turret or commodities or the like. Most do not use EC at all, just the ones where you send your lackey out to buy something, go figure. I am not aware of any day to day assignment that use dil unless it is a special assignment; the majority of them GIVE dil to the player (in terribly low amounts of 5 and 10 at a time for the most part).

On top of that even the ones that charge EC, I think its 10k or something, which for a 50 is covered by one piece of space trash -- even a white quality ship shield will give you over 10k each.

I don't mind folks saying the game is for profit, even greedy at times. But at least be truthful about it. The DO missions do not cost you anything --- at the worst you exchange one type of item for another, and at best you actually *gain* ec and dil in tiny amounts. It does help to read the assignment description, though after about a week you probably realize that buying space turrets nonstop is not the best assignment to do over and over, and that "extreme" casualty assignments are not a good idea for your awesome purple guy.
Captain
# 20
03-13-2014, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidneutronium View Post
1 piece of omega rep space gear cost 64000 expertise and there are 2 sets of 3 MK XII's. That's not including the ground sets.

Count yourself lucky some people can't play 2 hours a day let alone 3 or 4.
64000 expertise for a item is NOTHING. You can gather in 2 hours that ammount of xp every day. But yes, if you want to gather 500k expertise to have all the items at once, LOL, yea, thats hard to achieve. But its because is impossible. Some of you just want impossible things, no matter what game u playing..