Ensign
# 1 How do I ...Dilithium Mining?
03-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Here's my problem & my source of major confusion. In game it says that I should be able to learn how to & actually be able to mine dilithium starting at lvl 10. But you need an EV suit in order to mine. The problem with that is, acording to the Ferengi vendor, you have to already have dilithium in order to buy the suit. Then I get told by other players in game that I can get an EV suit for free by doing certain missions, however those missions aren't available until you reach lvl 44.
Hence my confusion; why say that dilithium mining is available at lvl 10 when in reality it's not even close to being available until lvl 44???!!!! ....... Or is there something i'm missing??
Captain
# 2
03-14-2014, 08:19 PM
Just do some duty officer missions and get some dillithium to buy the cheepest suit.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Captain
# 3
03-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Anyways, you should not be worry about that until you reach level 50.. and by then, you can just run the "between stars" episode and gather a really nice ev suit for free. Some episodes offers a bunch of dilithium if you replay em, and there are dilithium missions like traelus system (check your missions tab) that are available at lower levels (but i can remember exactly the number). The cheapest ev suit costs i think about 100 dilithium (or maybe 500? i cant remember...). You can gather that ammount of dilithium fast.
Captain
# 4
03-15-2014, 04:22 AM
I believe, for the most basic ev suit, it costs 100 dilithium. You should eventually stumble over 100 dilithium to get it. It is at the vendor inside the mining station.
Captain
# 5
03-15-2014, 04:46 AM
Just buy a cheap one from the exchange they about 100ec on there
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Career Officer
# 6
03-15-2014, 04:50 AM
Buy the pre-owned EV suit from Brol, the other suits are just ridiculous dilithium sinks.
Captain
# 7
03-15-2014, 05:49 AM
And if you see a big red alert down in the right corner, click it. If you and everyone else beats the borg alert you will get a little dilithium that you can use for the ev suit

Plus, as a new player, they are pretty fun
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2014, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracarus2013 View Post
Here's my problem & my source of major confusion. In game it says that I should be able to learn how to & actually be able to mine dilithium starting at lvl 10. But you need an EV suit in order to mine. The problem with that is, acording to the Ferengi vendor, you have to already have dilithium in order to buy the suit. Then I get told by other players in game that I can get an EV suit for free by doing certain missions, however those missions aren't available until you reach lvl 44.
Hence my confusion; why say that dilithium mining is available at lvl 10 when in reality it's not even close to being available until lvl 44???!!!! ....... Or is there something i'm missing??
There's something you need to look around to find it: missions where you can earn Dilithium even at low levels.

At the Starfleet or Klingon Academy, there's an NPC giving a history mission, where you answer a question about The Path to 2409 and get 480 Dil upon success. You can read the chapters here: [wiki-link] (caution: chapter numbers could be outdated on the website)

Then there's the Ker'rat system in the Eta Eridani sectorblock. Low-level players get a mission which rewards 1440 Dil for completing* 3 rounds of the mission in Ker'rat. Starfleet players talk to Commander Makza on Deep Space K-7, Klingon players talk to Menbet on Ganalda Station (both located in Eta Eridani) to receive this mission. caution: players in Ker'rat are split in two opposing teams which can and will attack each other.

* you just have to be in the system while someone completes the mission; it can even be the enemy team

This and probably other missions I didn't think of, are where you can earn the Dil needed for your mining EV suit. And as others have said, there's also usually cheap EV suits available on the exchange.
Captain
# 9
03-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Just one thing, whatever you do, DONT go to kerrat. Its too tedious to try to gather 1440 dilithium there and is a hell of a mess. There are a lot of dil missions, but if you only want the ev suit, yeah the academy path of 2409 is the fastest method. Just go there, pick the mission, answer the question and thats it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-16-2014, 03:56 PM
If you look in your available missions section you will find a mission called something like "Explore new worlds" this pays 1440 Dilithium upon completion.

Accept this mission then select a mission to explore a cluster or nebula which will involve taking part in three encounters and once you've done this hail Starfleet Command and they will send you the 1440 Dilithium