Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Duty Officer System and R&D
Login

Captain
So I am a bit confused about a DOff mission I am trying to do which involves recovering repressed memories from a refugee.

Basically, I wanted to do the mission to get the medical XP points, plus it gave me a reason to buy a Blue Counselor. The counselor I bought had all the traits necessary for the best critical success rate. I also bought a common refugee to give the best critical success as well.

Why is it that I cannot use the Counselor that I just bought for this mission? Especially since a counselor is required to a success? I go though my list of DOff to manually assign and I don't see her. I had to go to the status filter and select "Unslottable" for her to be visible. Of course double clicking her does nothing. I simply cannot assign her to this mission. I can assign her to another mission (diplomatic), but not to the medical mission.

Can anyone explain what's going on?

How do I know in advance that a DOff is slottable or not? I feel that I have wasted a lot time and a decent amount of ECs in return for confusion and frustration...
Rihannsu
# 2
03-14-2014, 11:22 PM
There's a high probability that your issue is with having bought a KDF doff by mistake. What race is the Counselor? And what rank?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3
03-15-2014, 02:41 AM
And what color is the border of their portrait?

Fed portraits have a blue border, KDF portraits have a red border, Romulan portraits have a green border. You can only use doffs from your own faction, or from your allied faction if you're a Romulan.
--------------======== Joined: January 2009 ========--------------
>>>CLICK HERE FOR DELTA RISING GEAR UPGRADE COST TABLE<<<
Hate the look of the new Arc site? >>Check out my redesign concept images<<
>Once again, UI feedback goes wholly ignored<
Rihannsu
# 4
03-15-2014, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarskx View Post
How do I know in advance that a DOff is slottable or not? I feel that I have wasted a lot time and a decent amount of ECs in return for confusion and frustration...
By turning on the option "Only show usable items" in the bottom of the exchange window.
Captain
# 5
03-17-2014, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
By turning on the option "Only show usable items" in the bottom of the exchange window.
I did have that option on. I'm in the Federation. I bought a Federation DOff.

As stated in my post...

I bought a Blue Counselor for a medical DOff mission. All the traits (and the profession as well) matched up for the best critical success outcome. Yet I was not able to slot him/her for the mission. My other common Counselors were shown as options though.

I was able to slot him/her in a different mission though. A diplomatic mission which requires a counselor.

So why would a counselor that I recently purchased be usable in one mission, but not the other?
Rihannsu
# 6
03-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Two questions:

What specific mission are you talking about?

What are the complete stats of the doff that isn't working right?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
03-17-2014, 03:53 PM
The mission probably requires a specific trait that your duty officer may not have, like resolve.
----
@DevolvedOne
Commander
# 8
03-17-2014, 04:03 PM
There is also a bug which has affected many players since about the middle of last year which makes some doffs unusable for anything.

About 1/6th of the doffs on my main character are affected by this bug. At least some of those I know came bugged straight off the exchange.
Rihannsu
# 9
03-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
The mission probably requires a specific trait that your duty officer may not have, like resolve.
Or Telepathic. The mission "Recover repressed memories from refugee" can only be done with Telepathic doffs, no other doffs can even attempt it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 10
03-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Or Telepathic. The mission "Recover repressed memories from refugee" can only be done with Telepathic doffs, no other doffs can even attempt it.
No, that wasn't the case. I've done the "Recover repressed memories" missions before, but with white and green telepathic DOffs. Never had a critical success. Like I said, the counselor I bought meet all the requirements. I double checked before making the purchase and I tripled checked after finding out that I could not slot that counselor.

I'm pretty sure I would have noticed a disconnect somewhere after reconfirming 5x.