Captain
Pretty please Cryptic/PWE? With the new ESD revamp, I'd kinda like a Qo'Nos revamp. I realise that this won't happen with S9 wince they're concentrating on other stuff, but pretty please?
Captain
# 2
03-15-2014, 11:28 PM
Another one? Why? What is it you want changed?
Captain
# 3
03-15-2014, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaster29 View Post
Pretty please Cryptic/PWE? With the new ESD revamp, I'd kinda like a Qo'Nos revamp. I realise that this won't happen with S9 wince they're concentrating on other stuff, but pretty please?
I reluctantly agree. In terms of computer performance, rendering all of that detail slows down my computer significantly, even at low settings. They need to move some of the locations to different maps (like Shipyard), or reduce complexity.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Empire Veteran
# 4
03-15-2014, 11:31 PM
qonos was already revamped.
there is nothing wrong with it. besides, do you really want to waste our monthly 8-hour dev allotment on a qonos revamp?

HouseOfBeautiful.org | /channel_join House of Beautiful
free t5 access for all!! | /channel_join NoP Public Service
Career Officer
# 5
03-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Another one? Why? What is it you want changed?
Well.............lets get some Time Share's going! Big bucks there. Oh, and tree's everyone loves tree's, mainly Targs. Flowers, not to mention flowers.

Some colour would be nice, oh say. Passion Blue walls with some coffee shops and a movie theater. A shopping mall for those times when you want to explore strange new shops and seek out new bargains.

Let's turn the Battle Area into a Kiddie Playground! Kids and fighting Klingons act the same. And we'll get Barney the Gorn to show up and whomp some sense and honor into them with his Friendship Bat'leth.

Turn that stinky old smelter into a BBQ park! Put some ducks into that pond, have to put out those fires first, make them............WATER FEATURES!!

Oh, don't worry, when the PW Staff show up, they'll medicate me and put me back in the cage by the Targs, then I'll escape again and it will ALL happen! =3
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Captain
# 6
03-16-2014, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I reluctantly agree. In terms of computer performance, rendering all of that detail slows down my computer significantly, even at low settings. They need to move some of the locations to different maps (like Shipyard), or reduce complexity.

the current ESD revamp is doing way with separate areas every thing is on one map no more switching maps to get to shipyard or the like
Empire Veteran
# 7
03-16-2014, 12:29 AM
The ESD revamp is doable because everything needed by the players is on a space station. They could do that to Qo'nos but what would be the point? I wouldn't mind being able to walk on those upper bridges, but there needs to be a purpose to do so, maybe give the fleets offices.
Captain
# 8
03-16-2014, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
the current ESD revamp is doing way with separate areas every thing is on one map no more switching maps to get to shipyard or the like
I would like this change.

I prefer to spend time in Ganalda more than Qo'nos for that reason, everything I need is in a single room - I can hop into my bank or on the exchange to grab something, then go straight to my ship selection screen to slot the stuff in.

Qo'nos wouldn't need as drastic a change as ESD is getting, perhaps just re-make that crafting corner into some technology centre where you can both craft and get access to the ship vendor, selector and tailor/engineer.

A single map with access to everything.
Kurov - KDF Tactical
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"
Captain
# 9
03-16-2014, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
Well.............lets get some Time Share's going! Big bucks there. Oh, and tree's everyone loves tree's, mainly Targs. Flowers, not to mention flowers.

Some colour would be nice, oh say. Passion Blue walls with some coffee shops and a movie theater. A shopping mall for those times when you want to explore strange new shops and seek out new bargains.

Let's turn the Battle Area into a Kiddie Playground! Kids and fighting Klingons act the same. And we'll get Barney the Gorn to show up and whomp some sense and honor into them with his Friendship Bat'leth.

Turn that stinky old smelter into a BBQ park! Put some ducks into that pond, have to put out those fires first, make them............WATER FEATURES!!

Oh, don't worry, when the PW Staff show up, they'll medicate me and put me back in the cage by the Targs, then I'll escape again and it will ALL happen! =3
That is the best idea I have ever heard!
Now, do you want an Epohh friend?
J'mpok is the greatest being I have ever known!
Career Officer
# 10
03-16-2014, 02:44 AM
Here's the deal:

ESD got a "revamp" a while ago which was not really a "revamp".
It was some some cosmetic changes to get rid of the worst offenses.
The First City we got was a complete makeover (see the Foundry for the old map) which was really, really great.
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE FIRST CITY.
IT DOES NOT NEED A REVAMP.

Seriously what is wrong with you?
The one thing that needs a tiny bit of fixing is the transporter officer in the shipyard that can't beam you down to the Academy. And that was the pirce was paid for fixing he transporter diverter bug. That's it, otherwise the First City is FINE.

Would you like to ask for something more pointless while you're at it?
How a bout a Bat'leth revamp, the curvature of the blade is not 100% consistent with the ones from the shows.