Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 91
03-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Yes it does. ESD is the first place new players see outside of the tutorial. First impressions are important.
The first impression they'll get is that ESD is the troll central of the gaming industry regardless what Cryptic does with ESD. If they're trolls they'll stick around and if they're sane they'll run away as soon as they can and never return to ESD.
Besides, I fail to see what's wrong with ESD?
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Captain
# 92
03-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Commander
# 93
03-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Yes it does. ESD is the first place new players see outside of the tutorial. First impressions are important.
Depends on what time of day they start playing. At night ESD is full of trolls with nothing better to do with their lives than sit around on a mmo game ranting about politics and religion or telling the same lame, stupid gorn jokes (and I use the word joke loosely because a joke is supposed to be funny).

As far as the new look for ESD it's decent enough but did ESD really need to be changed? couldn't the time and resources have been better spent fixing glitchs that have been around forever or improving something else that could use the work more?
Commander
# 94
03-16-2014, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaster29 View Post
hmmm... i like it, fits the newer STO style and reminds me a bit to the Odyssey's special bridge, nice
Captain
# 95
03-17-2014, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdata96 View Post
hmmm... i like it, fits the newer STO style and reminds me a bit to the Odyssey's special bridge, nice
Indeed. If they all wore the same uniform, and some bugs where fied, well, it'd be a VERY nice map (although it already is).
Plus, I never understood why they didn't just use holograms. In fact, the Oddesey needs a special interior, with holograms and stuff.
Commander
# 96
03-17-2014, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
I'd rather they did a canon rebuild of DS9.

Agreed. Doesn't fit to the Screen DS9 at the second look and the Promenade NPCs behave like Zombies.
This is Crypticverse...
Career Officer
# 97
03-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Well, I have to say, we finally know which part of the Spacedock is the Fed Hub.

Part of the Mushroom top section around the centre cavern.

One question, where is that stateroom from the past ESDs?
USS Canada
N.C.C. 171867
Sovereign Class
Saint John Fleet Yard
"A Mari Usque Ad Mare"
Captain
# 98
03-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post
Depends on what time of day they start playing. At night ESD is full of trolls with nothing better to do with their lives than sit around on a mmo game ranting about politics and religion or telling the same lame, stupid gorn jokes (and I use the word joke loosely because a joke is supposed to be funny).

As far as the new look for ESD it's decent enough but did ESD really need to be changed? couldn't the time and resources have been better spent fixing glitchs that have been around forever or improving something else that could use the work more?
Obviously you don't understand how MMO's work.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 99
03-27-2014, 03:48 PM
A very small and very simple suggestion for a way to make ESD feel more realistic, along with the KDF shipyard.

Change up the ships that we see docked, please!

I know that ESD is going to be revamped, I've seen it on Tribble and a few Youtube videos, but I fear they will just make it new and shiny, then leave it as is only changing it by adding more and more ships as they are added to the game.

It wouldn't be too difficult to make several randomized combinations of ships that would be seen docked in port then cycle through those various combinations every other month or so.

More frequently changing what we see docked would be preferable, but just changing it from time to time would add quite a bit to the Star Trek feel.
Captain
# 100
03-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermatrix View Post

Oh, I'm sorry, you must be confusing Cryptic with one of those other companies that actually has a work ethic that goes beyond simply fleecing people for their next paycheck. You know, those companies that actually care about the product they slap their tags on.

Seriously, Cryptic no longer has the talent, or the coding prowess to effectively, handle the glitches you're referring to. The game's code is a patchwork, Frankenstein's monster, of a mess, and any All Stars capable of making sense of it, have long since departed Cryptic's hallowed halls for better gigs. That's why it's easier to just lie, and say something is fixed, and treat the players like they have excrement on their hands, if they have the audacity to say it's not.
This all happened... more, or less.