Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
03-11-2014, 06:10 PM
I like this thread.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
03-11-2014, 06:35 PM
This is a great idea for all those ships that split apart or launch a support craft.
Captain
# 13
03-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
I cannot proof what I'm about to say as it's a thing of the past, but I think if I remember correctly the reason for those pets not getting the Hangar UI was that hangar pets are supposed to be superior and seperation pets are only supposed to be a gimmick as you have to pay/work for the first or something like that.
I can't see that since the reverse is true, there have never been free ships that have separation consoles, I've also heard the argument that separated parts can't use these commands because they use a console, well carrier pets use a hanger which is actually just another console. But what you said about separation pets being a gimmick does seem to be true. They do have some benefit, ships that use separation modes gain various buffs and abilities while separated that diversify the capabilities of the ship so there is considerable merit for using them just for that. That said the separated part shouldn't just be an elaborate decoy, which is pretty much all that it is with the current setup, the sacrificial lamb set on suicidal idiot mode.
We need to be able to direct the part to attack or defend specific targets or by default attacking our targets or defending us rather than randomly creating havoc in their path. If that means giving them a team member UI that shows up on the HUD when separated that consequently also shows their status so much the better.
But all that aside, if I could issue an Attack My Target command and it would respond, I would be satisfied.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Sometimes, I wonder if any of my crew actually remembers to stay and pilot the friggin' thing after I separate my saucer.

Then again, after eating a Borg torp the first time, I can't blame them for not holding their post.
Captain
# 15
03-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caasicam View Post
Sometimes, I wonder if any of my crew actually remembers to stay and pilot the friggin' thing after I separate my saucer.

Then again, after eating a Borg torp the first time, I can't blame them for not holding their post.
Since you still have your boff powers after you separate it's safe to assume that only the redshirts are left on the saucer section, which explains many things.

On a sidenote I must say I like your signature, which is one of the few images Ive seen in a while of a Dreadnaught with properly proportioned saucer components.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Captain
# 16
03-11-2014, 10:53 PM
+1 tp hanger like controls for ALL pets, this will help us move into the next logical phase of the game "fleet command' an "away team of ships" Epic combat......
Ensign
# 17
03-12-2014, 08:39 AM
I an idea that if they did it, it would add to the realism of the separation and to the Trek 'feel' of the game.

From what I see I agree that it does seem like red shirts run the separated section. To that end I propose a two part fix of sorts. The first part would require that the BOFF that you set as your XO would need to be separate from the other BOFF's giving him unique abilities in all non-separated ships, with or without the ability. These abilities are in the to be determined category for now. It would not be an extra BOFF slot persay, because the XO would not have his normal skills to use, It would be either something universal to all XO's or career path based.

Now, if they ever implement the XO system then when you have a two part separation, you would loose you XO to the separated part, Yes we still need a UI component. Once the separation occurs your XO would command the second section and be able to use his BOFF powers along with the normal abilities of the section.

Now for the 3 part separation you would also loose one of your BOFF's, and that would be set in the 'stations' tab.

This would do a couple things for the game I think. One it would add a bit of emersion, two it would make your XO selection a bit more important.
Captain
# 18
03-13-2014, 01:00 PM
It does need to be better. We need to be able to control it like hanger pets, with the addition to give an "evacuate" command to it! I'd be neat to see a bunch of escape pods popping out of it all at the same time!

At least to keep an eye on it (to try to keep it alive), I usually pin it to the target info window.

...but it's usually dead by the second or third time I look up.
Please add Exploration to Star Trek Online!
Are you sure it isn't time for a "colourful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play STO more like Star Trek with challenge, teamwork and FUN!
Captain
# 19
03-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirokk View Post
It does need to be better. We need to be able to control it like hanger pets, with the addition to give an "evacuate" command to it! I'd be neat to see a bunch of escape pods popping out of it all at the same time!

At least to keep an eye on it (to try to keep it alive), I usually pin it to the target info window.

...but it's usually dead by the second or third time I look up.
It should be treated like a carrier pet at least. That would make it much better.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Ensign
# 20
03-19-2014, 03:14 PM
I'd really just like to have control on when the GalX saucer section gets to use it's phaser lance. Can't trust AI to use it appropriately.