Captain
# 11
03-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
Of all the ships to add to the game.. you want a small civilian transport that's over 120 years old by now?
Yes, it would look terrible next to the Excelsior, the Oberth, the B'Rel, the TOS Constitution, the T'Varo, the T'Liss, the NX, and the Koro'tinga.

Canon ships left to see in STO:
Merchantman
Antares Class (civilian)
Antares Class (TOS)
Antares Class (Miranda-variant)
Miranda Variants (Saratoga, Lantree)
Soyuz Class
Springfield Class
Challenger Class
Romulan Captian's Gig Science Variant
Bortas Class
Niagara Class
Nebula Variants (Melbourne, Phoenix)
USS Huxley aka Shelly Class
USS Elkins
Yeager Class
Constitution Variants (Nacelles flipped 90 Degrees, Saucer-neck-with two nacelles)
Bradford Class

Edit:
New Orleans Class
Constellation Class

Last edited by eldarion79; 03-17-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Commander
# 12
03-17-2014, 04:46 PM
And although I frankly can't be arsed to sit and think of them all there are tons of other ships, friend and foe not in the game. I'm just glad the previous poster took more time than I to illustrate the point.
Saying that that is the only canon ship not ingame is just....just....*gets nosebleed*
Captain
# 13
03-17-2014, 06:41 PM
We are having a hell of a time getting them to fix ships that we already have, the last thing we need is them wasting time working on ships that we aren't even going to be flying and of all the ships to choose, you choose that eyesore? Yes it has been kitbashed heavily and reused in a lot of episodes throughout TNG and other later series but it won't really be bringing anything to the game, it will just be wasting developers time that would be better spent on things that we actually need.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Commander
# 14
03-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
really? Other then civilian ships what is left?

NAME the ships, what show they were in... And show list your sources for the ships that are missing!

There is just he barest handfull of conon ships missing from this game.. and that merchantman happens to be one of them.

((there are a number of ships that are NPC's ships we as players will never fly... and never should...))
Barest handful?

Constellation Class

Soyuz Class

Challenger Class

Daedalus Class

Yeager Class

New Orleans Class

Freedom Class

Universe Class (I know this one would be a pain in the neck, but it still counts)

And those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

How about some Romulan D7s while we're at it...
I send three purple diplomats on a simple gift exchange and they blow it...
I send three white bartenders on a three day wilderness training exercise and the crit it...
Captain
# 15
03-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
We are having a hell of a time getting them to fix ships that we already have, the last thing we need is them wasting time working on ships that we aren't even going to be flying and of all the ships to choose, you choose that eyesore? Yes it has been kitbashed heavily and reused in a lot of episodes throughout TNG and other later series but it won't really be bringing anything to the game, it will just be wasting developers time that would be better spent on things that we actually need.
Well it took them four years to fix the Galaxy, so hold your breath.
Captain
# 16
03-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarion79 View Post
Well it took them four years to fix the Galaxy, so hold your breath.
They haven't fixed the Galaxy, so no, I'm not holding my breath and the dreadnought, refit and retrofit are all versions that cost real money, if they're dragging their feet with those, what are the chances of them even thinking about a ship that they aren't going to make a dime on?
Captain
# 17
03-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Quote:
They haven't fixed the Galaxy, so no, I'm not holding my breath and the dreadnought, refit and retrofit are all versions that cost real money, if they're dragging their feet with those, what are the chances of them even thinking about a ship that they aren't going to make a dime on?
Who is talking about a playable ship, I was talking about making it an NPC freighter or something. If that's the case, then there would be only a relative few playable ships and they would re-release older more successful ships that have been tweaked or refitted.
Captain
# 18
03-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Who is talking about a playable ship, I was talking about making it an NPC freighter or something. If that's the case, then there would be only a relative few playable ships and they would re-release older more successful ships that have been tweaked or refitted.
You are missing the point, lately everything Cryptic does seems to have a $ sign attached to it, as an NPC ship, there is no possibility for them to make money from the Merchantman, yet it would still cost them money in the form of the man hours of the developers needed to design the ship and introduce it into the game, Cryptic has no reason to make such a bad investment.
Captain
# 19
03-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Quote:
You are missing the point, lately everything Cryptic does seems to have a $ sign attached to it, as an NPC ship, there is no possibility for them to make money from the Merchantman, yet it would still cost them money in the form of the man hours of the developers needed to design the ship and introduce it into the game, Cryptic has no reason to make such a bad investment.
Again, if you are going to make that claim, then we are not going to get any canon ship beyond the FAN FAVORITES.
Captain
# 20
03-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Again, if you are going to make that claim, then we are not going to get any canon ship beyond the FAN FAVORITES.
And what have we been getting so far? I would have thought that would be obvious. The only way we might get that ship into the game is if they make some kind of feature episode where that ship has a role to play, but with this game usually when they introduce a ship it's going to be one for players to use later, so what role could the Merchantman fill that would make it attractive to players enough that they would spend zen or lobi on it? Because there has to be a $ sign in there to justify Cryptic making it.
My thoughts would be as an alternative to the Tuffli freighter as a mobile bank/mail/exchange interface.