Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Delta Volanis Cluster
01-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Took this as a quest from someone and warped to the area. Tried to enter an unexplored system, but now I get a 'fatal map error' and crash out of the game. Tried to log back in with same results. Any way to fix this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I am getting a very similar issue. In Delta Volanis, I can warp into the system and do whatever needs to be done. However, I'm NOT able to beam down to the planets. Whenever I do, I get stuck on the loading screen. Eventually my client crashes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-14-2010, 08:50 AM
I can't find things when I'm on the planet. It says kill 5 of the enemy for find 3 of this, but they are no where to be found on the map. I find like 2 out of X and the other aren't there.

Also same problem like you guys, I can't even beam down to the planet sometimes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-14-2010, 09:27 AM
If the crash is related to a CRC error while reading the map file, here is the fix :

Quote:
CRC crash while entering an "unknown system" in a star cluster. This is most likely only applicable to players who played a previous build in Closed Beta. Your star cluster data is corrupted. To Fix this - go to c:\program files\cryptic studios\star trek online\live\piggs\ directory (or similar) and delete the files named "bins.hogg" and "texture.hogg". Then repatch (it may be a good sized patch to do this - so be warned). That is the only way to fix your corrupted data.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 12:27 AM
I wanted to bump this for Delazure's quote. I have been looking for this answer for quite some time, and I know others have had the same problem. Thank you. I'm repatching right now, then hopefully I'll have fewer to no more crashes.