Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,125
# 41
03-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Well that's pretty thorough.. What about Maltz? From that headshot of him it looks like we have most of his outfit, except the baldric. I like the pointy things on his baldric.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,394
# 42
03-21-2014, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Well that's pretty thorough.. What about Maltz? From that headshot of him it looks like we have most of his outfit, except the baldric. I like the pointy things on his baldric.
That baldric is the standard warriors one lasting from TMP through to VOY, I also like the blade thing. The shoulder pad is not ingame, it's a one piece thing, the shoulder pads that Kurge is wearing (as well as the mail undershirt thing) are both ingame. Crptics old answer was that a one piece shoulder pad wouldn't work, however the Remans have the Nemesis one and the NPC Remans have a similar one.

Also I think the collar is a bit different to the TNG style one.
There is also the holster string on the opposite shoulder, and those ridges .

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Ensign
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16
# 43
03-21-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm glad that you fine folks are at least as dissatisfied with available costume options as I am, and in many cases, better at pointing out good examples with pics. Keep up the good work, and keep pressing the Devs on this. This game grew out of what used to be City of Heroes, and there costuming growth needs to keep moving forward like it did.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,394
# 44
04-11-2014, 07:23 AM
I just looked through my Reman and his BOFFs costume pieces (I'm not mentioning the ridicules amount of clothing options that seem to be split between male roms, male rems, female roms, and female rems almost arbitrarily).

I found a few pieces that could be opened up to the KDF:



From left to right: Chain bracers / gauntlets, worn trousers with a chain belt thing, tall leather boots with buckles, a patchwork jacket with a chain shirt underneath (the other two had pointy shoulders, not very Klingon), the Engineer costume, and finally and option for braces (not suspenders ) as well.

None of these are really Romulan costume pieces, so they are not loosing anything if these are also opened up for the KDF.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,362
# 45
04-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
I just looked through my Reman and his BOFFs costume pieces (I'm not mentioning the ridicules amount of clothing options that seem to be split between male roms, male rems, female roms, and female rems almost arbitrarily).

I found a few pieces that could be opened up to the KDF:



From left to right: Chain bracers / gauntlets, worn trousers with a chain belt thing, tall leather boots with buckles, a patchwork jacket with a chain shirt underneath (the other two had pointy shoulders, not very Klingon), the Engineer costume, and finally and option for braces (not suspenders ) as well.

None of these are really Romulan costume pieces, so they are not loosing anything if these are also opened up for the KDF.
The leather boots with buckles I've only seen available on the female reman bridge officer Veril you get from the 'Crossroads at Crateris' episode. I forgot what the boots are labeled as in the tailor without logging into the game. My male reman allied with fed and female romulan allied with KDF don't have them available.

But those boots weren't new or exclusive when LoR launched. Go on a fed character, set the pants to 'Tight' and select the 'Section 31' boots and compare the 2.
Self Portrait
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,394
# 46
04-13-2014, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
The leather boots with buckles I've only seen available on the female reman bridge officer Veril you get from the 'Crossroads at Crateris' episode. I forgot what the boots are labeled as in the tailor without logging into the game. My male reman allied with fed and female romulan allied with KDF don't have them available.

But those boots weren't new or exclusive when LoR launched. Go on a fed character, set the pants to 'Tight' and select the 'Section 31' boots and compare the 2.
The one I took a pic of were from Satra (The Rom Sci BOFF).

The Boots are labled as: Boots - Leather Buckled, and do seem simaler to the S31 boots.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,394
# 47
04-26-2014, 02:29 AM
Now the kits are part of the main tailor we have lots of hip and arm attachment pieces. Ay way we can get the Nausicaan armour added there?



1) Nausicaan Thigh Armour.
2) Nausicaan Arm Armour.

3) Nausicaan slicked back hair with a split fringe.
4) Nausicaan slicked back hair with a single fringe.
5) Gorn- Chain Bracers, Chain Loincloth and finally Chain ankle attachments.
6) Orion females- bare feet option, loinclothless bikini bottom, ankle bracelet with bare feet, that necklace, and (As shown on the trill) the Orion belt options separate to the loincloth / bikini bottoms.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,758
# 48
04-28-2014, 08:48 AM
Whenever I think about how KDF have always been neglected in STO it makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, significant improvements have been made, and I would agree that they are a full faction now. However, they are still (and sadly will always remain), in many ways, the last-place red-headed-stepchild of the game.

I agree with the OP. These assets are in the game, they should be available to KDF players.

I've never been a fan of so many race-restricted uniforms.

Specific issues that I wish were resolved:

1) There should be a KDF (Dahar Master) Long Coat.
2) There needs to be a Marauder "Pirate" (or other) costume unlock upon reaching T4 (similar to the Fed's Ambassador uniform)
3) Unlock the missing Bortas'qu uniform bits that are advertized on the manikin next to the tailor (and seen in various missions), but aren't available.
4) Fingerless gloves.
5) Orions need access to better footwear besides sandals (actually I'd love more non-spikey KDF footwear availability in general).
6) More/better hair options.

Make it so!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,394
# 49
04-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Specific issues that I wish were resolved:

1) There should be a KDF (Dahar Master) Long Coat.
2) There needs to be a Marauder "Pirate" (or other) costume unlock upon reaching T4 (similar to the Fed's Ambassador uniform)
3) Unlock the missing Bortas'qu uniform bits that are advertized on the manikin next to the tailor (and seen in various missions), but aren't available.
4) Fingerless gloves.
5) Orions need access to better footwear besides sandals (actually I'd love more non-spikey KDF footwear availability in general).
6) More/better hair options.

Make it so!
A good summary of the more important ones.



Now: Pointlessly Fed only costumes.



The councillor costume, 7of9 costume (with short boots), and the Vulcan costume, a 3 are non uniforms and could easily be made available for Klingon characters.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,177
# 50
04-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
A good summary of the more important ones.



Now: Pointlessly Fed only costumes.



The councillor costume, 7of9 costume (with short boots), and the Vulcan costume, a 3 are non uniforms and could easily be made available for Klingon characters.
I agree, those could all be viewed as generic (not faction-specific) and extended to KDF and Romulan players.

Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) ~(‾.▿.‾)~ Tal'Diann (Romulan Military Intelligence)
The saying "There are no women on the internet" is sexist nonsense. We do exist, and we also play MMOs. Do not misgender me; I am female.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 AM.