Empire Veteran
# 481
01-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Is anyone else find that their power key binds no longer work?

/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_0
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_1
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_2
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_3"
Ensign
# 482
01-17-2014, 03:35 AM
Is there a command which deactivate or minimize the BOFF masseage window at the beginning, during a STF?
Those messages are realy annoying...
Career Officer
# 483
01-20-2014, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragman1976 View Post
Is there a command which deactivate or minimize the BOFF masseage window at the beginning, during a STF?
Those messages are realy annoying...
ContactDialogEnd
Career Officer
# 484
01-20-2014, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Is anyone else find that their power key binds no longer work?

/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_0
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_1
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_2
/bind <key> genbuttonclick powerlevel_preset_3"
I don't recall exactly when, but they were changed to:

/bind <key> "StatsPreset_Load Preset_1"
/bind <key> "StatsPreset_Load Preset_2"
/bind <key> "StatsPreset_Load Preset_3"
/bind <key> "StatsPreset_Load Preset_4"
Career Officer
# 485
01-20-2014, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noybman View Post

I'd love to see the list (if one exists) of what calls we can use to do commands on in the bind files.

Thanks!
There are many possible keybind commands. However a lot of them are not documented and are found by trial and error. You can view a list of commands by typing this at the command prompt (i.e. chat window)

/cmdlist

Which will output this

But use the command to view new additions after major releases.
Lieutenant
Hello, I uninstalled STO a while back, and when I decided to return, it was after PWE had released Arc, meaning i had to download Arc in order to play STO. This means I no longer have an STO file in the Games folder on my PC (meaning C/Users/Public/Games/Cryptic/STO doesn't exist anymore) so when I saved my bindfile named "spacebar.txt" I can't find it, and running a search turned up no results. Does anyone know how I can find he file or find an alternative way to apply the spacebar keybind?
Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf
Captain Marida Harper, Co-Director 5th Armored Division; CO USS Infinity
Captain Gurrat Reen, member MACO 7th Fleet, CO USS Milwaukee
Commander Korn, General, House MeQ'pu'yay 7th KAG
Career Officer
# 487
03-27-2014, 08:27 AM
I haven't been brave enough to download ARC, so I can't fully test a solution. However, while you had a character before, and possibly keybinds, does the character that you have now actually have modifications to the keybind? If not, I don't believe a file will be created even if you use bind save file.

Just make a small change and see if that helps.
Lieutenant
# 488
03-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds007 View Post
I haven't been brave enough to download ARC, so I can't fully test a solution. However, while you had a character before, and possibly keybinds, does the character that you have now actually have modifications to the keybind? If not, I don't believe a file will be created even if you use bind save file.

Just make a small change and see if that helps.
I already have custom keybinds for a lot of stuff. It's like only the special keybind was lost and anything I changed in STO itself stayed.

Edit: I was able to find the keybind saved to one of my toons and transfered it via Save/Load UI but I'd still like to figure out how to save the bind file in case I accidentally delete it from all my toons.
Captain Steven "Sarge" DePoe, Senior Captain, Aurcanis Star Operations; CO USS Leyte Gulf

Last edited by siskofan1991; 03-28-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Career Officer
# 489
03-28-2014, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskofan1991 View Post
I was able to find the keybind saved to one of my toons and transfered it via Save/Load UI but I'd still like to figure out how to save the bind file in case I accidentally delete it from all my toons.
The UI file, while used for other components, also is a keybind file. As you have seen. That being said, are you using the command line:

/bind_save_file spacebar.txt

It is strange that you are not creating that file.

You can also just create a file with your command in a text file, but leave off the '/bind'

For example:

f interactWindow

I apologize if this is too elementary. Again, I have not used ARC, so I don't know if it effects the game at all.
Lieutenant
# 490
04-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds007 View Post
The UI file, while used for other components, also is a keybind file. As you have seen. That being said, are you using the command line:

/bind_save_file spacebar.txt

It is strange that you are not creating that file.

You can also just create a file with your command in a text file, but leave off the '/bind'

For example:

f interactWindow

I apologize if this is too elementary. Again, I have not used ARC, so I don't know if it effects the game at all.
That's fine. I appreciate the help, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that last part.