Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Still getting disconnects
01-22-2010, 04:48 AM
Hey folks, was todays patch meant to help with disconnects as i'ms till getting them on most area transitions, the onyl difference now if that when reconnecting i only manage to get as far as selecting my character and hitting play before getting 'disconnected from server'.

Anyone else still having issues? game is totally unplayable at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 04:54 AM
It's very playable atm, how dare you say that. I'm online right now with my alt watching the gm ticket window and hoping they move my main character out of the "crash every 3 seconds" Starbase 39 instance.

lol, anyways. Ya, the server is pretty messed up right now. Every 5 minutes or so 50 people come running out of the teleporter room who just dc'd. Kinda fun to watch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 05:11 AM
lol lets hope they get this sorted
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 05:19 AM
Not just me then, also is it just me or has lag in ground combat jumped up a few notches?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 05:50 AM
I feel as if the latest patch of 140ish mb did help slightly, but I'm still getting dc'd back to the login screen. Now it's just every 20 mins instead of every 5 to 10. 20 mins is enough time to finish a mission, but when I get to another mission, I'm likely to get dc'd in the middle of it, only to have to do it over.

I don't feel like it's tied to any specific sectors or factions, as it happens to me no matter where I'm at in space or with an away team, playing fed or empire, open space or in a mission.

I've done a tracert and I don't see any unusual numbers or loss of packets when I've tested that. I don't have any issues dc'ing with any other MMO or online game. I didn't have this particular issue when I started open beta. It's only been happening the past 3 days or so, so I don't think it could be a firewall or router issue (those would hinder me at download, not after playing the game for 5 days).

Some have thought that it might be Comcasts (isp) fault, but others are having the same issues in the US that have other providers, and there are users in other countries (UK) that have reported the same issues.

I feel like the mods could have done a better job relaying this problem to the devs, or that they could at least tell the community what is going on, because this issue has been on the forums for days, but I don't see any responses that say anything about an issue that Cryptic is having, only responses that deflect blame and place it on the user or the isp. At the same time, there are patches coming out that should be making this problem go away, but they are not. Theres also no mention of the issue in the known issues thread, which to me pretty much negates the point of having the mods make that thread in the first place.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm looking for a response from the devs (doubtful as this is the wrong place to contact them specifically) or the mods, as to what could be the problem, if the dev's know about the problem, is it only a hardware issue on their end (server) and if it is, why didn't they take care of something like that in the years prior to now when they were developing the game? Is this problem going away any time soon?