Ensign
# 41
03-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Elite Tholian Widows, they are nice with FAW and Quantum Torps, bests pets of all imo are the Tholian Mesh Weavers on the Recluse
Ensign
# 42
03-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Speaking of hangar bays... When are we going to get some Frigate size Hangars for Fed Side?
Captain
# 43
03-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zathrus999 View Post
Speaking of hangar bays... When are we going to get some Frigate size Hangars for Fed Side?
The Caitain Atrox is currently missing a Caitain Frigate since it and the Obelisk Carrier are the only carriers that don't have access to a Frigate either by it being unlocked automatically or requiring a specific ship to unlock it like the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier requiring the JHAS to use JHAS pets.
Captain
# 44
03-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zathrus999 View Post
Frigates are kind of overrated to be honest.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 45
03-22-2014, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Frigates are kind of overrated to be honest.
No, they arenit ... Frigates have hull to survive the AoE mess that Cryptic keeps adding as everything under it tends to die, pre-Hangar "improvements" we could run High Aux and just spawn them, that mitigated their utter lack of survival since the "improvements" "normalized" hangar timers so they cannot be lowered Frigates living longer allows pets to actually exist and do something instead of you looking at a empty bay and wait for the countdown to end.

This is why Frigates are good.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Captain
# 46
03-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
No, they arenit ... Frigates have hull to survive the AoE mess that Cryptic keeps adding as everything under it tends to die, pre-Hangar "improvements" we could run High Aux and just spawn them, that mitigated their utter lack of survival since the "improvements" "normalized" hangar timers so they cannot be lowered Frigates living longer allows pets to actually exist and do something instead of you looking at a empty bay and wait for the countdown to end.

This is why Frigates are good.
Tell me, have you used frigates?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 47
03-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Aux power still modifies hangar time.

The "normalization" you are referring to had nothing to do with recharge times, it was the animation timing for pet deployment. The Vesta used to have a special animation that launched their fighters slower then other ships, and there was one ship that launched faster (which ones escapes me)

They then "normalized" all launch functions to deploy at the same rate. Aux power still reduces recharge times. Flight Deck Officers still reduce recharge times.

And I must agree, frigates are a bit over rated. Scorps routinely out-perform them in PvE. Yellowstones or Interceptors/siphon drones in PvP. Mesh Weavers are an exception when handled well. BoP's have nasty burst potential but require obsessive micro management for questionable returns. Fer'Jai are fun as hell, but typically not high performers. Frigates add a level of gameplay mechanic that is certainly fun to interact with, but statistically, missing frigates doesn't really put a carrier behind others.

That said, I miss my frigates. They are a ton of fun, even if their performance is spotty.

Edit: Oh, for the OP, Scorps for PvE, Yellowstones for PvP. Jury is out on swarmers, I do not have the elites yet, but I was not impressed with the advanced.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 03-22-2014 at 10:57 PM.
Rihannsu
# 48
03-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Having used those 5k ec shuttles with the tractor beams.... I like them. They don't die like gnats..... which swarmers do.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 49
03-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Having used those 5k ec shuttles with the tractor beams.... I like them. They don't die like gnats..... which swarmers do.
Torpedo spreads.........

Captain
# 50
03-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Tell me, have you used frigates?
In the Dyson Sphere, none of my Fighters last long enough to get to rank 5 and I have to recall all my Fighters to protect them from the initial AoE strikes of the Voth Frigates while my Tholian Mesh Weavers last long enough and I don't need to recall them. Therefore, against Voth and Season 9 Undine use Shuttles or Frigates due to AoE attacks while for everything else use Elite Scorpion Fighters.