Lt. Commander
# 11
01-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Been running those drivers all day, and I haven't noticed the cursor corrupting any more or less than before on my single 210.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieko View Post
Been running those drivers all day, and I haven't noticed the cursor corrupting any more or less than before on my single 210.
Hi,

Single cards with those drivers do not seem to cause many problems.

The issue of a corrupt cursor seems to only effect Dual+ GPU Cards (Two+ cards in SLI or a single card with 2 GPU's)
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-22-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
Why in the name of god would you need to tri sli 280s?
SLI is nothing but troubles anyways... i know, fried a few cards that way.
Lol,

If you every played with them on at a resolution of 2650X1600 , Max settings/AA/AF you will know why
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteppenRazor
Why in the name of god would you need to tri sli 280s?
SLI is nothing but troubles anyways... i know, fried a few cards that way.
Tri SLI as in 3 GPU cards? I didn't even know you could do that.
I've heard of running GPUs in pairs and quads but always thought SLI setups had to be in pairs. *shrugs*

The bleeding edge of GPU tech is always a funny thing. It's hard to justify spending a $1000 on a multi-card setup that'll be worth like $250 a year later and still be 95% as good as the next generation $1000 setup. Besides the whole driver issue (which is what this thread is about) is always the most problematic for the exotic multi-card rigs. I guess you get what you pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothic View Post
Tri SLI as in 3 GPU cards? I didn't even know you could do that.
I've heard of running GPUs in pairs and quads but always thought SLI setups had to be in pairs. *shrugs*

The bleeding edge of GPU tech is always a funny thing. It's hard to justify spending a $1000 on a multi-card setup that'll be worth like $250 a year later and still be 95% as good as the next generation $1000 setup. Besides the whole driver issue (which is what this thread is about) is always the most problematic for the exotic multi-card rigs. I guess you get what you pay for.
Lol, but I bought 3 cards for good reasons, not the bad. But keep in mind even a single card that has 2 GPU's on one card would be affected as well.

Oh, as for the quads... 99% of the time they are only 2 cards with 2 GPU's on each card. SO they are not 4 cards in one system but only 2. Three singles are about the Max, as there are not many motherboards that support running 4 separate video cards at full speed in SLI.

Dual GPUs or Dual+ Card systems are actually quite common.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Could you please submit a ticket about your cursor disappearing and include a dxdiag and information about your mice and if you have software installed for your mice. We need some more information to track this issue down and your tickets would help.

Until we find a fix try this command

1. Launch the game to the login screen.
2. Click on options.
3. In the options window in the Advanced command line box type "-softwarecursor" (not including the quotes), then click OK.
4. Launch the game and verify if cursor still missing.

Second thing to try is this:

1. Type in the chat console "/softwarecursor 1" (minus the quotes).
2. Verify normal mouse functionality.

http://www.startrekonline.com/tickets

Sincerely,
Cryptic Studios Technical Support
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I had the same cursor problem yesterday and I also had the same message at the bottom of the screen. I sent in a /bug report about it. I found that if I alt-tab in and out it would come back after the 2nd or 3rd try.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
I have the same cursor problem with new driver and a gtx 295
My cursor also fails and sometimes instead of the cursor i get a whole sqaure of bad graphics or the icon for a powerup say the phaser weapon etc. The exact graphic you drag and drop to load weapons onto your ship
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Haveing the same problem. Win 7 64-bit with 2x 9600 GT 1GB in SLi. Did not have this problem until today/yesterdays patch with this driver version.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Hmm ok sounds like I'm good with a single GPU GeForce 285 GTX, glad I decided against SLI stuff, seems to cause more trouble than it's worth.
Closed Thread