Lt. Commander
# 361
01-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxxdragona View Post
this question may already have been ask, i was woundering if we can keep our characters we create in the open beta on the offical release of the game are will they be deleted? because in some beta of mmo game the characters have been remove upon offical release of the games.
These beta characters will be wiped as well.
Lt. Commander
# 362 Saurians can skill up!
01-22-2010, 10:17 AM
YEAAAAAAAAAA! After the last big patch, my Saurian can skill up now! I see that the graphics have improved in a lot of areas too. Now if only I can get the Significant Other/Chief Financial Officer to approve the release of funds for the lifetime subscription....

On the other hand, I see that the tab-targeting still only seems to target what's visible on my screen and closest to the screen center, not the closest enemy (really annoying when said closest enemy is behind me).
Lt. Commander
# 363
01-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I just hope they know about the issue of bridge officers from leveling up disappearing upon hiring them to be on your crew and then taking up a phantom spot.
Lt. Commander
# 364
01-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinc View Post
Use the bright green bug button in the game.

Dumps tons of information and screenshot to our internal ticketing system.

-Zn
thats a good idea..except i cant even get into the game..i can get logged in but then it hangs at the loading sector screen...its not my machine, i alt tabbed out and ran everything else perfectly at the same time STO was up...so basically....login server...good...game server..wtf is going on?
Lt. Commander
# 365
01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rec0nthis View Post
These beta characters will be wiped as well.
I like my Human Science Bridge Officer.. she is not only cute but I like her Name the system generated for her..
Will be Sad parting with her...
Lt. Commander
# 366
01-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidgour
I like my Human Science Bridge Officer.. she is not only cute but I like her Name the system generated for her..
Will be Sad parting with her...
Well, look at it this way. She won't feel a thing. Oblivion will consume her and the separation anxiety will only be on sided.
Lt. Commander
# 367
01-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdublade View Post
On the other hand, I see that the tab-targeting still only seems to target what's visible on my screen and closest to the screen center, not the closest enemy (really annoying when said closest enemy is behind me).
same problem. also my gun disappears and i shoot lasers out of my hands.. i can do that in real life too
Lt. Commander
# 368
01-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdublade View Post
YEAAAAAAAAAA! After the last big patch, my Saurian can skill up now! I see that the graphics have improved in a lot of areas too. Now if only I can get the Significant Other/Chief Financial Officer to approve the release of funds for the lifetime subscription....

There is an option in the options to tab target objects behind you but it doesn't work right lol.
Lt. Commander
# 369 Pre-order download issues
01-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Okay, I picked up a beta key yesterday, from Game Stop. I go to the downloader page, and I get the same thing as those that posted earlier in this thread, including their downloader and the torrent download option. The problem with the torrent option, is there are NO Seeders, and little to know leechers. That makes torrent download next to impossible. AND, the Star Trek downloader they suggest if having issues with their affiliates is that it's taking FOREVER to download. I started it this morning, and I'm only now at 30% 8 hours later. No, we are NOT on dial-up. We do have high speed internet, but this is really ridiculous. If you are going to recommend torrent, then perhaps you should have a couple of dedicated seeders.
Lt. Commander
# 370 No love *cry*
01-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I went to file planet, took 3 hours to download, so it wasn't so bad on that front. But much good it did me. I haven't been able to access the game yet due to a faulty game key. I've done exactly what I'm supposed to do to get this fixed but alas 24 hours have passed, I have not received ANY update on my ticket.

I know in beta tests and brand new games there are always kinks to work out (been a WoW player for years). But I'm a working woman and just want to be able to try the damn thing on my weekend. I don't have a whole lot of screw off time available during the work week.

So *sigh* here I am waiting, and waiting..........and waiting.............