Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Three bugs that need fixing.
01-22-2010, 06:23 AM
1. Starting a mission without crew, and with no button to call them. Needs fixing.
2. Going to a ground mission or space and forgetting to change from spaceship to character and vice versa. I just did this, and I did not float around in space as usual. No. I fell down, and then suddenly hit some invisible ground in space(?!) and got an option to warp away. So i did and my character flew away with beams out of his shoes. Then I had to start the mission from the beginning..and my ship was wrecked. Needs fixing.
3. Giving the little furry ones to crew members .. They are CONSTANTLY petting them. It's perverted. Also the crew members always stop walking when petting the tribble, so they fall behind. Needs fixing.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Addition!
01-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Also, beaming down to the planet in human form WITH your away team, only to find that you still have the spaceship control scheme and buttons.... except bound by gravity and a humanoid character model.

On average I have to beam back and forth between my ship and the surface 5 times before it works properly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 09:39 AM
I was told in the game last night about a work around for the first one type /fillpetteamlist it works like request reinforcements so it might take a minute or two. I noticed that I started arriving solo only after I filled the last away team slot with a bridge officer (before that it was me as a ship and one security person).
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 09:50 AM
1 & 2 are latency issues (server side).They usually fix themselves if you just wait and don't bork anything (go get a cup of coffee or something). This will not likely be fixed until there are server upgrades done and/or they implement some kind of time-out while waiting for the servers to catch up (maybe with some nice elevator music). They could also improve their net-code, but thats less likely... when server is under light load I almost never have these issues.

As for 3... why a person wouldn't want their crew rubbing fuzzy things all the time, is beyond me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 10:33 AM
My character hasn't been able to add any skill points since reaching level 17; I'm now 19. That really needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statsminister
1. Starting a mission without crew, and with no button to call them. Needs fixing.
2. Going to a ground mission or space and forgetting to change from spaceship to character and vice versa. I just did this, and I did not float around in space as usual. No. I fell down, and then suddenly hit some invisible ground in space(?!) and got an option to warp away. So i did and my character flew away with beams out of his shoes. Then I had to start the mission from the beginning..and my ship was wrecked. Needs fixing.
3. Giving the little furry ones to crew members .. They are CONSTANTLY petting them. It's perverted. Also the crew members always stop walking when petting the tribble, so they fall behind. Needs fixing.
1 & 2 have been reported about 50 times already.
3 isn't a bug. Just don't give them the tribble. Why do you keep giving them tribbles if you don't want that to happen ? Take the damn tribble away from them !
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm View Post
1 & 2 have been reported about 50 times already.
3 isn't a bug. Just don't give them the tribble. Why do you keep giving them tribbles if you don't want that to happen ? Take the damn tribble away from them !
50? Try about a bazillion, gazillion times... there are a load of issues that are actually all just symptoms of the same problem, server latency.

The tribble does a nice little heal for each officer that has it equipped... the combat is a little dumbed down at the moment so I guess it doesn't make much of a difference... but...

The tribbles are generally viewed as a neisance in cannon though, so they probably designed them this way on purpose... so I wouldn't assume its a bug