Career Officer
# 71
01-27-2014, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gar8mac View Post
got a question i dont see in the FAQ. is there specific system requirements to run the Tribble server
It is Just a duplicate client of the regular game. It just connects to the Tribble server instead of the Holodeck Server. There are no seperate system requirements.

One thing to remember is that because this is a seperate client your graphics and game settings do not transfer so make sure you have them set the same way you do in the Holodeck client, otherwise it will decrease gameplay quality.
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gar8mac View Post
got a question i dont see in the FAQ. is there specific system requirements to run the Tribble server
You are not running the Server, Crypic is doing so. You can download the Client, which is just like installing a second copy STO. You need to have at least 8GB extra HDD space on the same drive as your Holodeck install of the game. Also you may need to download all that 8GB as well, however alot of the data may be copied from your Holodeck install.

Other than you can run the game on the PC, no extra things you NEED to be have other than knowing what happens your characters on Tribble will not sent back to Holodeck. Some NPC Vendors on Tribble will have rep and Fleet gear for free, purely for testing Purposes.
Ensign
# 73 Client?
03-24-2014, 09:08 PM
At this time the link that is in this thread points to an old link. Is there a separate client that needs to be downloaded? I show nothing on the normal client that would allow me to connect to the test servers and the redirect just puts you on the home STO page.
Captain
# 74
03-25-2014, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralatar101 View Post
At this time the link that is in this thread points to an old link. Is there a separate client that needs to be downloaded? I show nothing on the normal client that would allow me to connect to the test servers and the redirect just puts you on the home STO page.
That link needs to be updated, the new link to The Character Copy Page is mentioned in the thread Character Copy Page Available Again (March 6, 2014). As for the client itself I've found it saves a lot of download time to just make a copy of the entire Live folder and rename it Playtest, while you're at it you may as well make another copy and rename it Beta then you'll have one for Redshirt as well. Just make sure that the Playtest and Beta folders are in the same directory as the Live folder.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Empire Veteran
# 75 Arc stands in my way
06-21-2014, 12:52 AM
The character copy link in the FAQ needs to be changed! If it wasn't for the post right above this, I would not have known how to test crafting on tribble.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom

Last edited by rickpaaa; 06-21-2014 at 12:56 AM.