Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Sorry if this has already been address but the patch mentioned that we were supposed to get a beacon after using the scan to find objects in the area. Last night, scanning was the same as it always had been... just a vague reference to things in the area.

Am I misunderstanding how scanning works and/or using it incorrectly?

Also, I noticed with the new UI they removed the big green bug icon. Can we still file bugs in-game?

Thanks guys!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 11:54 AM
There is a bright white beam which points the direction of the object

As for bugs, just type /bug
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Hmm.. ok yeah, I wasn't getting that.

I'll try again tonight and /bug it if it's still there.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 01:10 PM
You have to scan by pressing "V" instead of clicking on the map icon for it to give you the beacon, dont know why there is a difference but there is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Seems to work for me, including clicking on the icon... look for a diffused 'beam' of light that gives you a rough vector towards whatever it is the sensor detects (usually an anomaly or your next objective, with is rather cool and useful). This works both on the ground (when you don't crash) and in space.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil0812 View Post
Sorry if this has already been address but the patch mentioned that we were supposed to get a beacon after using the scan to find objects in the area. Last night, scanning was the same as it always had been... just a vague reference to things in the area.

Am I misunderstanding how scanning works and/or using it incorrectly?

Also, I noticed with the new UI they removed the big green bug icon. Can we still file bugs in-game?

Thanks guys!
when you use scan if you bring up your map you will find a circle pointing out the general area where the anomaly is.