Career Officer
# 901
03-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
In terms of Unis, here's my preference:

Change them from UNIVERSAL to SPECIAL. Change and add cloaks to ships which are also type SPECIAL.

Now from there, assign two special console slots to all ships. This is a basic power bonus increase.

Then give ships with turnrate of 6 or less one bonus special and turnrate of 3 or less 2 bonus special slots.

Ships also get one bonus special slot for having 4 Sci or more consoles and one bonus Special slot for having 4 or more Eng console slots. One more for not being able to equip cannons or cloak.
Max possible is 7 Special console slots and that would be on a 2/4/4 console layout ship with a turnrate of 3 or less.

Typical battle oriented ship would have 2 special slots. But by comparison, the Galaxy would have 5 special console slots because it gets one bonus for its turnrate and one bonus for its console loadout and one bonus for no canons/cloak. The dreadnought would have 5 and need to use for for its cloak if it opts to be a cloaking ship.

Now... a key proviso: this applies to power oriented consoles. Consoles with powers would lose bonus stats and be purely power consoles. Consoles with pure stat bonus would remain universal.
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Survivor of Remus
# 902
03-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Make your changes to suit the whining noobs PWE. Dont listen to us vets. Keeo nerfing everything, because a day will will come where all you have left playing the game, is ftp whiners that dont spend a dime in supporting the game
And half the noobs that do start playing will leave anyway.
Im done spending money on this game. And when i get to that point, its normally not too long before i move on to bigger and better things.
If you want to lose a vet, keep doin what you're doin
Captain
# 903
03-25-2014, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anagrojaneway View Post
No, a dedicated PvPer who also plays the Forum PvP game who couldn't care less about the PvE game or anything else so long as PvP is getting catered to.
Damn I forgot to equip the rep that counters that one. Score one for you there.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
# 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
You are so blinded in your unilateral support of this game and company.
I like Star Trek. I really don't like Cryptic at all that much. But I had an epiphany of sorts this year. I just stopped caring about those annoying things and started focusing on the stuff I like. The Star Trek stuff.

I chilled out.

I highly recommend it.

Quote:
Just look at any other MMO
I also recommend not doing what you just said. It leads to buying into the illusion that this game has tiered progression end-game. It doesn't. And it's not being built that way.

Quote:
The MOBs and boss level fights are creative and different requiring players to think, manage engagements, have the need for varied group structure.

Eh, I've done enough dragon raiding in Everquest and WoW to remember that this too is an illusion.

Death touches. AoEs. Rampages. Moving around from A to B. Hiding behind a leg or a wall. Training, mezzing, offtanking adds. None of it is all that creative. And once you start reading the strats online, it's all just academic anyways.

Nah, there wasn't much "creative" about that end-game content from that other game you want me to remember.

Not enough to move my needle. It's not like this game's all that creative either. But this game has Star Trek ships. Those games don't. That's pretty much it for me. And I'm betting that carries the day for quite a lot of people.

I just don't need Into the Hive to feel like Onyxia.

And hey, those new Undine missions are a bit glitchy but absolutely nothing like ISE at least.
Survivor of Remus
# 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
No doubt, Yep dats me.

wrong person lol
Survivor of Remus
# 906
03-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by no09dysonsphere View Post
Real funny, I support noobs because I'm not the kind of elitist who thinks only me and my 7 buddies who have the time to play 24/7 should be able to do basic content. I have the resources to do that, but I've learned my lesson the last time I tried a game like that and ended in the 'jackass' crowd before it went even further downhill.
Whaaaattt?
I can do basic content with a newly created toon. Wth are you doin wrong? LOL
Career Officer
# 907
03-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Na

Dev Blog #6... upcoming changes to Player vs Player ques.

Dev Blog #7... upcoming changes to Energy Weapon skills.

Dev Blog #8... upcoming changes to the duty officer system.

Dev Blog #9... upcoming changes to ship consoles.
no it will be

Dev Blog #9... We just killed our game and we don't give a **** one way or another what (I'll be generous) 90% of our userbase says
We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Survivor of Remus
# 908
03-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
no it will be

Dev Blog #9... We just killed our game and we don't give a **** one way or another what (I'll be generous) 90% of our userbase says
here here!

pwe for the whiners, not the winners
Commander
# 909
03-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
f it were not there would have been alternate solutions to this issue rather than lets make a fresh 50 equal to a veteran 50.
As far as I can tell no one is saying that and I certainly hope that is not the goal. The problem isn't that fresh 50s aren't equal to veteran 50s, it's that equality is gated behind a grind. I agree fresh 50s shouldn't be as powerful as vets, but it shouldn't be so discouraging that most people will never catch up, and at some point with 20 reps that is going to happen. Having to do harder content, collect better gear, I don't think anyone will be against that, but having to log in every day and do the same mindless, simple crap, that's like a second job and not fun, because really, is there any sense of satisfaction from doing the 5 minute errand run to get a dyson commendation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig76 View Post
Whaaaattt?
I can do basic content with a newly created toon. Wth are you doin wrong? LOL
I do breach elite in a cell ship. So what?

Last edited by no09dysonsphere; 03-25-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Captain
# 910
03-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig76 View Post
Make your changes to suit the whining noobs PWE. Dont listen to us vets. Keeo nerfing everything, because a day will will come where all you have left playing the game, is ftp whiners that dont spend a dime in supporting the game
And half the noobs that do start playing will leave anyway.
Im done spending money on this game. And when i get to that point, its normally not too long before i move on to bigger and better things.
If you want to lose a vet, keep doin what you're doin
Well you are assuming the supporters are not vets... and don't spend money. Interesting that you would come to that conclusion some how.

If them instituting a standard MMO design on a system that should have had it I will admit from day one really upsets you perhaps this isn't the right game for you anyway.

We both know you aren't going anywhere if you been here for the last 4 years though... unless you are full of it and have been playing the game for a year or so which is likely.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Closed Thread