Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I'ver seen this bug reported so so so many times...players in space and ship on planet

I've seen not one word from the Dev's about one of the if not most reported bug still left in the game. What is the problem why cannot it be fixed and if the full game has it Cryptic you realise you will lose alot of customers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnor_Jax
I'ver seen this bug reported so so so many times...players in space and ship on planet

I've seen not one word from the Dev's about one of the if not most reported bug still left in the game. What is the problem why cannot it be fixed and if the full game has it Cryptic you realise you will lose alot of customers.
Relax, I think, by now, they know about it already. I do agree they need a Sticky on one of the most common bugs known to STO though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 02:41 PM
They have responded, and it's linked to several other bugs. Theyre getting them sorted slowly but surely.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:

Because they are busy fixing the bug? What exactly are they meant to tell you? "Were fixing it" - That is pretty obvious don't you think?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 02:45 PM
They have responded to it. It's caused by a Latency Issue. They are working on it. I guessing the new Servers will help.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-22-2010, 02:45 PM
The Dev's have mentioned this specific issue in their "Known Issues" notes since OB launched.

It's just a server/client latency issue and they've mentioned recently that they are working hard to get it (and the other latency/loading issues) fixed before launch. This is not an easy thing to fix without HW upgrades and/or major netcode tweaks. They simply weren't prepared for the volume of players they got during OB.

Here's a link to the January 11th release notes... which note it being a "HOT ISSUE" even then:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=56012
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Because its not game breaking and you can actually still play unlike many other issues? I am sure they will get to it, but that particular bug while annoying fixes itself after a few moments.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-22-2010, 02:47 PM
There fix = falling through space instead of crashing hardly an improvment. I want to to know this won't be a problem in the main game they can't respond because am not sure they know how to fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
There fix = falling through space instead of crashing hardly an improvment. I wan to to know this won't be a problem in the main game they can't respond because am not sure they know how to fix it.
Then I would suggest you don't play the game until a few months (IE:6-8) after launch if you are so pessimistic of the Cryptic code monkeys. They aren't going to make a formal address to an issue that in reality only negates play time until the lag has subsided enough for the client and server to correctly communicate to each other.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Holy crap... threads really blow up during server down time There were a bunch of responses by the time I submitted mine.