Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
# 41
03-28-2014, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecrook View Post
I have a question specifically for you. Why were the retro Gorn skins and skin colors removed from STO instead of being left as an option for those players that preferred the older look? There are some who prefer this look and would like to see it returned to Star Trek Online. Thank you for your time and welcome to the forums.
*Sniff* I want the old gorn look *cries* The new ones are cool and all but they look like they came from Godzilla.

GORNZILLA
Career Officer
# 42
03-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callevista View Post
Every Character Artist on the team works on every one of those things. All of us have made heads, NPCs, monsters, clothing, hair, etc. As for me, I've been doing a lot of tech-related things in addition to art-related. But one of the more recent things I've put up are the Khan outfits and the Voth clothing (non-armor).
I am a fan of the Voth Light Soldier uniform myself, my main character and his bridge crew all wear the uniform. well, all except for the Breen, Reman and Borg. That uniform is one awesome piece of work.
Career Officer
# 43
03-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Hello! Some of us joke that the tailor is STO's true endgame. Always nice when character artists stop by.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
03-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Yes, sir.

Not that I would be mean to him anyway; STO is a beautiful game. Much better than the tacky mess of a game that I shall not name that is run by Blizzard...
You mean Kung-fu Pandas Online?

EDIT: Oh, also, welcome, Callevista! Always nice when the devs visit us lowly mortal nerds!

Watch out for the haters. They're vicious.

Old Wounds - Star Trek: Victorious (A Star Trek Online Fanfic)
"Only one human captain has ever survived combat with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."
Career Officer
# 45
03-28-2014, 04:46 PM
Why hello there.
What is more frightening: to know that the path is infinite, or to walk that path alone?
Career Officer
# 46
03-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callevista View Post
Every Character Artist on the team works on every one of those things. All of us have made heads, NPCs, monsters, clothing, hair, etc. As for me, I've been doing a lot of tech-related things in addition to art-related. But one of the more recent things I've put up are the Khan outfits and the Voth clothing (non-armor).
The Khan outfit is freaking sweet, especially the Botany Bay undershirt. It's my favorite outfit for hunting rexes, or chilling out on Nimbus III.

Any chance though we can get the undershirt separated from the Khan jacket - i.e. an option to just wear the undershirt as a top?

(Also, still can't customize KDF Marauding ememy faction BOffs.)

You do an awesome job, otherwise! Thanks for checking in with us!
Captain
# 47
03-28-2014, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the loony bin, Callevista.
Useful Links for Foundry Writers | STO standalone installer

Quote:
We therefore commit his body to the deep, to be turned into corruption, looking for the resurrection of the body when the stars shall give up their dead.
Empire Veteran
# 48
03-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Hello! Some of us joke that the tailor is STO's true endgame. Always nice when character artists stop by.
Not sure if thats a joke....
I mean during the last 2 years a locked in very rarely and most times I spent 90 % of the time in the character editor^^
Support more story content in STO
Cryptic Studios Team
# 49
03-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
^this

Whenever a Dev introduces himself, this happens
I told Callevista this afternoon, that talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Career Officer
# 50
03-28-2014, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I told Callevista this afternoon, that talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Ain't that the truth!