03-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by confedinblue View Post
That last 2 minutes was really intense
Career Officer
# 12
03-28-2014, 02:03 PM
Slim Shady.

Sunny muffin made me spit out my coffee. Poor pegasus.
Hypnotoad commands you agree with me!
Captain
# 13
03-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
Slim Shady.

Sunny muffin made me spit out my coffee. Poor pegasus.
I didn't get that reference

I googled it

I was provided with a youtube video

I watched it

I will never ever google something again

Captain
# 14
03-29-2014, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post

The "honey, sweety" thing seems to be a southern US colloquialism, along with the honorific + first name thing. Don't understand it myself, but it seems durn near universal in certain circles.
Yeah, about that...better stay well away from my state if you don't like the "lovey" language. South Carolinians tend to treat you like close friends and family until you prove otherwise. And you don't want to prove otherwise. (also, I've encountered "honey" and such in the US Midwestern states).

But honestly, having every waitress call me honey, sweetie, darling, etc., is rarely an issue when it is so commonplace in my region. My real beef with the food service industry is staff that promptly plop down in the chair across from you to write up your dinner selections, or worse, to talk for a bit. I'm very sympathetic to tired feet, and would likely agree to a member of the waitstaff resting a moment, but there should be professionalism. They should ask permission to sit with the dinner party for a moment while writing the dinner orders.
Career Officer
# 15
03-29-2014, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saihung423 View Post
My aunt calls me sugar booger.
Is it because your sticky and sweet?

Unless someone calls me by my real name Crashbang or ( " Crash " by friends or " Looking for a ban?" by GM's ) I never answer, cause I don't respond to that so called " Given " name crap that my parents insist on naming me, cause that's not my real dragon name.

Usually someone after trying either gives up or if they do use my real name, add a f word and something about the sake of Jesus to it after about after 2 minutes of yelling at me. =3

LTS Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currenty unsupervised, anyone who knows me will inform you that this will likely lead to trouble.=3
As I grind through the valley of XP, I shall fear no nerf.
Captain
# 16
03-29-2014, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwright View Post
Yeah, about that...better stay well away from my state if you don't like the "lovey" language. South Carolinians tend to treat you like close friends and family until you prove otherwise. And you don't want to prove otherwise. (also, I've encountered "honey" and such in the US Midwestern states).

But honestly, having every waitress call me honey, sweetie, darling, etc., is rarely an issue when it is so commonplace in my region. My real beef with the food service industry is staff that promptly plop down in the chair across from you to write up your dinner selections, or worse, to talk for a bit. I'm very sympathetic to tired feet, and would likely agree to a member of the waitstaff resting a moment, but there should be professionalism. They should ask permission to sit with the dinner party for a moment while writing the dinner orders.
Oh, don't get me wrong. Outside of work, call me what you will. Insult me praise me no worries.

I just prefer at work to be referred to by my first name. I don't want misconceptions or drama. And with the fact that her husband (both work for me detailing cars) gives me the stink eye when she does it tells me that drama could ensue.

I think I've also gotten used to being insulted at work by people who don't get their way.

For awhile there I thought my name was ahole.
Career Officer
# 17
03-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmanfred View Post
I didn't get that reference

I googled it

I was provided with a youtube video

I watched it

I will never ever google something again

I discovered something worse than a "Rick Roll".
Hypnotoad commands you agree with me!
Captain
# 18
03-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjhunter View Post
I discovered something worse than a "Rick Roll".
I needed to google what a Rick Roll is.

Maybe I should start learning a bit more of American culture and phrases.

Volume one- American Cousine: Twinkies, S'mores and Corn Dogs