Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 661
03-30-2014, 04:03 PM
This thread has 30,000 views.

About the same as the sticky from 2010 about getting stuck, doesn't that tell you something?

Give it a few more weeks this will be the TOP THREAD in the bug forum. The titan champion grandmaster. Meanwhile you got developers trying to pretend it doesn't exist talk about white elephant in the room.

Hat's off to everyone who helped made that happen.

This should have been a sticky because maco/omega is not just the top set in the game but also was the excuse for launching reputation.

We are giving you reputation grinding, as a favour, so you can save 60% in getting your ground sets, remember?

So it's not just a bug, it's THE bug - of course people crashing or other stability on larger scale takes presendence.

When people have kept bumping it respectlessly it was in recognition developers were hoping we'd let it go, that they could silent veto it out, but we wouldn't let them.

As months rolled off the calender and they started to realize that wasn't going to happen things became awkward.

I have this thread as my only forum bookmark I ever had period, because I want them to remember how this just wasn't good enough.

10 years down the road they doing some other game and think back on STO I want them to remember the maco/omega bug and thread as the first thing that comes to mind.
Starfleet Veteran
# 662
03-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
How about no? Opeing a new thread that a mod closes is not allowed either.

Now back on topic
I wasn't proposing opening a new thread on the topic of reporting and fixing this bug. I was thinking one on the topic of logging the days my quartermaster has had my STF armor on back order.
Captain
# 663
03-30-2014, 04:11 PM
For myself... no offense of any kind was meant by making sure this thread stayed alive. I was keeping awareness of this bug up while trying to head off any potential duplicate threads on the same bug. I appreciate everything you guys are doing at Cryptic, as STO is one of the best MMO's I've played.

I guess we could have toned down the venting at the same time though... we are kinda vocal about this subject. *Sweatdrop*
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Rose
And then I sneezed. And then I exploded.
Career Officer
# 664
03-30-2014, 04:25 PM
I can understand why the bumping would be annoying (not only because it's against the rules), when I log into the forums I always search for threads I've posted in to keep track of updates. Whenever I see this thread show up, I hope there will be new information but it's always just bumps.

Though I can also understand why people keep bumping it, it's been a very long time a lot of us have been waiting on this issue being solved and we've had very little communication to assure us this is getting the attention we feel it deserves.

When you invest a lot of time into something, you like to reap in the rewards. If the rewards fail to become available, then you rightfully get annoyed.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Starfleet Veteran
# 665
03-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Ok, hear is a simple solution. If bort's concern is that he is missing new information that people are posting in this thread, and its getting lost in all the bumps. Why not sticky the thread?

If the thread is locked or deleted we are going to feel marginalized, and there will be many who claim that the only reason it was done was because this thread was drawing attention to a long standing issue (over 500 days at the time of this post) that cryptic never intend to fix.

Whats more new threads will arise regarding the issue. They still do when we let the thread slip to page 2 or 3.

But if the thread is stickied then we will know we can always come to check on the issues progress without filling the thread with pointless posts. The only reason not to sticky the post is if cryptic realy do never intend to fix the issue.

Another way to reasure us would be to add this to the 'Known issues' at the bottom of patch notes. Incidently why isnt ths, or many other issues that cryptic cirtainly knows about, in the 'Known Issues' list? Do cryptic want to keep having the same bugs reported to them because new players think they are unknown?

Last edited by pwstolemyname; 03-30-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Captain
# 666
03-30-2014, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure what more they could want that I haven't along with other's already provided, I can tell you it doesn't seem to be related to gear because whether you have gear from before S7 and collect the same gear after S7 it has no effect.

I can tell you that it more revolves around how the game determines character's made before S7, and how they are able to obtain said accolades doesn't correspond with after S7 changes otherwise we wouldn't have this issue.

So it seems to stem from old coding still waiting for old coding to give the green light, but that green light part has been altered or removed hence leading to this issue.

Because trying to duplicate it just won't work, as none of my character's made after S7 has been effected in just such a way.

I have only 1 count it 1 that is a pre-S7 character my first character ever made, he is the one who is effected and cannot progress by any means at my disposal.

Re-obtaining the gear doesn't change it, attempting to re-acquire the accolades (even though you cannot re-acquire a already accomplished accolade) does not resolve the issue, deleting the suspicious gear and acquiring new ones doesn't resolve the issue.

However the saved game data is stored by Cryptic, and is effected by their programming and can only be changed by them unless deleted, so it is up to them and them alone for fixing it.

They have the authority and permission to enter an account to see visually with their own eyes, and test for the purpose of a resolution.

They have provided with all the needed information as to the root cause, how to reproduce it even though it most likely cannot be reproduced, picture proof, step by step instructions, etc... what more do they need from us?

If they simply cannot tell the programming code to simply unlock the accolade, than they need simply eliminate the need for its completion in general and come up with a better system of obtaining it.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Lieutenant
# 667
03-30-2014, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
How about no? Opeing a new thread that a mod closes is not allowed either.

Now back on topic
AH THE TOPIC! The one we've been talking about forever? That you keep claiming to NOT have a clue about? The one that needs new info every few months when there is none? The one we've given you all the possible info you could need not once but MANY times? Oh. That Topic. Gotcha.
How about this. I'm gonna do my Miles O'Brien impression.
"The way I see it we have three choices. Either you work with us and help us get this problem fixed...OR you continue to play ignorant to the problem at hand... OR you just straight up tell us you don't care about the issue and are NOT, in fact, going to attempt a fix and not keep our hopes up for a possible solution."

You have the data needed to recreate the problem. We can't possibly provide you with NEW data since it's an OLD problem. It's been around since the time season 6 turned into season 7. We are now approaching season 9 if I'm not mistaken.
Really I do know how hard it is being a dev for the game... there's a lot of work involved. There are many thing implemented that I'm highly impressed with. Loadouts are a wonderful thing. The Dyson destroyers are sweet ships. So many new things in the game yet we're still upset over something this old because it seems like it would be something not hard to fix. We need accolade A and B to get accolade C. We give you screenshots and all of us HAVING A and B but not C, and you tell us we have C. No we don't well have C, THAT's the issue. That's why we're on our second thread for this now. Several of us who are experiencing this issue are in a fleet together, we did the run together, we all gave you the exact same detailed and extensive data we are capable of giving you. To reference Scotty, "We've given you all there is Cap'n!"
Starfleet Veteran
# 668
03-30-2014, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadz3 View Post
AH THE TOPIC! The one we've been talking about forever? That you keep claiming to NOT have a clue about? The one that needs new info every few months when there is none? The one we've given you all the possible info you could need not once but MANY times? Oh. That Topic. Gotcha.
How about this. I'm gonna do my Miles O'Brien impression.
"The way I see it we have three choices. Either you work with us and help us get this problem fixed...OR you continue to play ignorant to the problem at hand... OR you just straight up tell us you don't care about the issue and are NOT, in fact, going to attempt a fix and not keep our hopes up for a possible solution."

You have the data needed to recreate the problem. We can't possibly provide you with NEW data since it's an OLD problem. It's been around since the time season 6 turned into season 7. We are now approaching season 9 if I'm not mistaken.
Really I do know how hard it is being a dev for the game... there's a lot of work involved. There are many thing implemented that I'm highly impressed with. Loadouts are a wonderful thing. The Dyson destroyers are sweet ships. So many new things in the game yet we're still upset over something this old because it seems like it would be something not hard to fix. We need accolade A and B to get accolade C. We give you screenshots and all of us HAVING A and B but not C, and you tell us we have C. No we don't well have C, THAT's the issue. That's why we're on our second thread for this now. Several of us who are experiencing this issue are in a fleet together, we did the run together, we all gave you the exact same detailed and extensive data we are capable of giving you. To reference Scotty, "We've given you all there is Cap'n!"
I'm sorry. I usually try to imply rather then accuse. I certainly wouldn't be this direct. But the above is sort of how I feel.
Starfleet Veteran
# 669
03-31-2014, 07:53 AM
I'm surprised they need more data. Surely there is a dev with a pre-season 7 character that has this issue.

As for reproduction steps that would require a season 6 server that is updated to season 7 and we cannot change the internal code base.
Rihannsu
# 670
03-31-2014, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
...There is a change to Omega Costume Unlocks (and all Reputation costumes) coming to Tribble very soon, if it isn't already there. Once those are in place, then we'll have another opportunity to re-evaluate the situation, and see what straggling issues remain unresolved.

Until then, I advise everyone to stop posting to this thread unless your post contains new or useful information to the issue(s) at hand.
1) Are the upcoming changes expected to fix the missing female KDF Be'ves top and Honor Guard Hos Pieces (Helmet, Arm/Leg Accessories)?

2) I've already posted this information a few times at your earlier requests, but I'd like to re-post it as it's never been recognized as "accepted":

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
KHG Armor Issues (Missing Be'ves Top and Helmet)

Current Status: Unresolved (as of Nov 08, 2013).
Character Name: Alira@PatricianVetinari
Faction, Race, Gender: KDF Orion Female
Completed Costume Unlock Projects:
- Costume Unlock: Honor Guard Style 2 (Acquire KHG Mk XII Set)
- Costume Unlock: Honor Guard Style 3 (Complete All Elite Optionals)
Missing Pieces:
- Honor Guard Be'ves option
- Honor Guard Hos Pieces (Helmet, Arm/Leg Accessories)
Notes:
I do have the basic Honor Guard Helmet that came with my Costume Style 2 Unlock, however I'm missing the Be'ves "Cleavage Window" chest piece that's supposed to come with the Style 3 unlock. Also, I believe there are supposed to be other "Hos" pieces (Helmet variant, Arm/Leg Accessories) that should unlock with the Style 3 Project, and I also didn't get those. All relevant accolades/armor acquisition was completed after LoR via the Rep system for this character.

History:
Jan 15, 2013 - Reported by Phoenicius, et al, in this thread, and later the same day Borticuscryptic posted requesting more info.

Apr 11, 2013 - Borticuscryptic started a thread about the issue. He posted a reply on Jul 18, 2013 with an update.

Aug 12, 2013 - While the issue has existed for many months, I encounter it for the first time on the above toon, making this post and submitting Holodeck ticket ID #1,924,053.

Oct 10, 2013 - Borticuscryptic provided an update here, basically saying that they are aware of Omega Rep Costume Issues, haven't thus far found a fix, and they might be able to look into it soon.
I look forward to the updates and hope for the best. Thank you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.