Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
haha oh dear they made a boo boo..... I se this thread gonna explode with people that cant get past charater loading screen in about 3, 2,1.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Nothing like a patch that makes it impossible for anybody to actually play the game...

Here's hoping Cryptic notices this sooner than later.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-22-2010, 05:44 PM
here here
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptKostamo
Retrieving list of characters...

I've the same issue now after the update.
Yep.. rebooted. just to double check. Locked when trying to load. after patch.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Got stuck while loading, used taskmanager to quit the game, started up again and now im stuck retrieving list of character...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-22-2010, 07:43 PM
FIXED!!! Back in
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrayGon777
Are you refering to the issue of being stuck trying to load the characters and the game not timing out like normal when it takes to long in order to try logging in again? If not, well, I guess there's an additional problem with loading then. That is at least the issue I'm currently having though.
In my case, with the latest patch, my computer freezes up when you get the black Cryptic screen with the loading bar across the bottom. Don't even get to the character selection screen. AARRRG
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-22-2010, 10:12 PM
i keep hanging at the Sol System load screen which i believe is the end of the tutorial. logged and retried a few times, now i've been sitting at this screen for about 20 minutes. it happens every time i choose my character and hit Play. my Task Manager says the app is running and my CPU shows process activity, so it's not just the game locking up.

edit: i should prob add that the load bar on the screen gets to about 50% before it stops, and the game messages continue to change at the bottom of the screen... it just seems that the area won't complete loading for me, no other weirdness apparent.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
i keep hanging at the Sol System load screen which i believe is the end of the tutorial. logged and retried a few times, now i've been sitting at this screen for about 20 minutes. it happens every time i choose my character and hit Play. my Task Manager says the app is running and my CPU shows process activity, so it's not just the game locking up.

edit: i should prob add that the load bar on the screen gets to about 50% before it stops, and the game messages continue to change at the bottom of the screen... it just seems that the area won't complete loading for me, no other weirdness apparent.
Thats exactly the same problem I have. I posted a thread about it but he told me to send a GM Ticket?? Whatever that is, I can't get in anyway so if its online thats pointless. Poop.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink100 View Post
Thats exactly the same problem I have. I posted a thread about it but he told me to send a GM Ticket?? Whatever that is, I can't get in anyway so if its online thats pointless. Poop.
yeah, can't really send a GM ticket when you're stuck on a load screen

and i got my 2nd available char through the tutorial and he's now sitting stuck on the same load screen as my first one. i'll try them again tomorrow.

but as far as the tutorial goes, it looks like this could be a pretty impressive game... i'm looking forward to seeing what else will be available after the small amount i've seen so far.