Lt. Commander
# 1 can we get help cryptic????
01-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Please help us that allways crash my system is above specs for game and still cannot play due to all the crashings
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNAILSx
Please help us that allways crash my system is above specs for game and still cannot play due to all the crashings
as the saying goes "help me help you"

post your DXdiag, post system specs, SUBMIT A BUG REPORT TO CRYPTIC with all the logs the game produces (in the STO install folder there is a program called "crypticerror.exe" run it fill it out let it send)

just posting "my pc crashes fix it" helps no one because it does not give any information to work with at all.

posting your specs, including power supply size, and whether your drivers are up to date helps, more importantly posting that stuff here and in the bug report lets knowledgable forum users attempt to help you.

MOST importantly, be patient, the devs can only work so fast, and they cannot work at all if you do not provide them with the info they need to work with.

if you have posted your specs and other things already in other threads then this thread was unneeded trolling, posting the same thing over and over accomplishes nothing but to annoy others, especially when you post over and over without providing information to work with.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 09:40 PM
I get what your saying i can understand but I have posted my specs with DxDiag a few times plus made a ticket from DAY 1 of open beta//and still nothing and posted in here with specs befrore also but they just are looking to fix people that lose items and dont care about the people who cant even play the game
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 09:44 PM
My specs are..

9600 phenom queadcore..
4 gigs of ram
nivdia 9500gt 1gig
and upto date drivers for the card
power suply 450//

I have ran that before and it crashes out all the time..
I have reinstalled windows vista and game and thre isnt anything I can do on my side that i can think of anymore to fix this..I can ply all of my other games maxed and have no lag or crashes no driver issues
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNAILSx
I get what your saying i can understand but I have posted my specs with DxDiag a few times plus made a ticket from DAY 1 of open beta//and still nothing and posted in here with specs befrore also but they just are looking to fix people that lose items and dont care about the people who cant even play the game
you do not know that for sure, this is like sending an error report to microsoft, you won't get a reply but that doesn't mean they are ignoring the error.

just because cryptic has not replied directly to you personally does not mean they are ignoring the issue, or that they don't care, it is in fact more likely they are working on the problem and refrain from posting until they have something concrete to give you, instead of the platitude "we are working on it"

i still stand by the final part of my previous reply, posting this yet again, is trolling and accomplishes nothing, especially when all that is posted is "fix it" with no additional information to help.

more over, the recent string of patches have fixed the issues for some people, i am sorry this apparently didn't fix it for you but the fact it has for some means they are aware, they are working on the problem, and they are making headway, it is just not as fast as everyone would wish. they have to be careful of what they fix and how so as to make sure they do not break something else in the process, or unfix something they previously fixed.

ok looking at your specs, your PSU is boarderline too small, the recommended minimum for your graphics card is 350 watt, with a maximum draw from the card of 50watt (nvidia website). add in PSU degredation from age (unless it is brand new), and more importantly add in everything else in your tower, plus the fact that we KNOW this game puts a lot of stress on systems and it is very possible your PSU is just being pushed past its limit. I know it is not ideal to do but getting a larger PSU may fix your problems, and would let your system run better anyhow. (i would recommend at least 600 watt considering prices etc for a rig like yours, and would not go lower then 550 watt, my "rule of thumb" for PSUs is 200watt beyond what is estimated, ie going by GPU estimate of 350-400watt i would run a 550-600 watt PSU, this ensures you have enough power and leaves you room for expansion.)