Captain
# 21
01-27-2014, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbrown12009 View Post
link please. id like to read that.
I'm presuming that http://priorityonepodcast.com/po158/ is the interview mentioned. You can't read it, as there's no transcript (that I can find anyway) for this hour and fifteen minute podcast.
Commander
# 22
01-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
There is a need in the Romulan ship lineup for a science warbird that's agile and has some teeth, that's for sure.
Definitely.

This is one of the reasons I stopped playing a few months ago. I got all excited at the thought of flying Romulan ships. Even saw an interview in which they explicitly said Romulans would have a sci focus. Then they launch with one measley science warbird which wouldn't win any beauty contests and is the size of a small moon.

I had to resort to saving up enough EC to buy a recluse carrier and while that's a perfectly fine ship, it doesn't feel even remotely Romulan or even especially Star Trek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
If they do make it, I'd like to see it based on the T'varo/Daeinos aesthetic - kinda flat and with upturned wings.
Yeah, those are (possibly behind the d'd) our best looking ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridingink View Post
I just looked at the blog post myself. A very interesting idea I must say.

I noticed the romulan ship will have singularity powers based on this image. http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...1390590793.jpg

You can see it in the left hand side the singularity power bar.
You've made my day!

That's a fine looking ship. I don't care for the paint job but hopefully we can apply the standard Romulan skins to it and if not there's always the Romulan or Reman shields.

I'd be delighted to fly one of those.
Ensign
# 23
01-28-2014, 08:47 PM
My biggest question is why do Romulans not have at least two ship options for levels 10 and 20? Seems silly that the Romulan fleet would only have one type of vessel
Captain
# 24
01-28-2014, 09:35 PM
I agree that there needs to be more Sci-birds in the game. Cloaking, Sensor Analysis, Sub-system targeting, the whole package. In particular, I would like to see ships with these console and BOFF layouts, but they could be in any combination.

Consoles:
2 Tac, 3 Eng, 5 Sci
3 Tac, 3 Sci, 4 Sci
2 Tac, 4 Eng, 4 Sci
4 Tac, 2 Eng, 4 Sci

BOFFs:
CDR Sci, LTCDR Sci, LT Eng, Ens Eng, LT Tac
CDR Sci, LT Sci, LTCDR Tac, Ens Tac, LT Eng
CDR Sci, LT Sci, LTCDR Eng, Ens Eng, Lt Tac
Commander
# 25
01-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
In particular, I would like to see ships with these console and BOFF layouts, but they could be in any combination.
Yeah it boggles my mind all the responses we get in these threads that xxx tac warbird is good enough as a sci ship because it as a lt cm or lt sci station.

Like tacs wouldn't throw a collective fit if we took all but one of their tac ships and changed the boff layout to exclude commander tac stations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theearthdragon View Post
My biggest question is why do Romulans not have at least two ship options for levels 10 and 20? Seems silly that the Romulan fleet would only have one type of vessel
You're right that it's a bit limited and possibly even odd that the Romulan fleet would have so few options.

But it makes perfect sense from the perspective of Cryptic as a business. They'd be looking at ship choices and sales for the other factions and see that it's all tac, tac, tac, tac. Because tac is what is generally most effective for solo'ing content.

Though personally I wish they'd emulated the KDF raiders with their universal boff stations (all of them) and generic console layouts.
Rihannsu
# 26
01-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Well, you guys are in luck, the new Anniversary ship is a Science ship.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 27
03-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Well, you guys are in luck, the new Anniversary ship is a Science ship.
Do you have more details on this?
Captain
# 28
03-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stongbads View Post
This thread is old, and don't be surprised if it gets locked.

However the anniversary has been and gone, so it is only available in the lobi store.
Rihannsu
# 29
03-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stongbads View Post
The Dyson Science Destroyer. But as Decronia mentioned, the event is over.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 30
04-01-2014, 09:04 AM
I think the dyson was a huge bonus to the faction. One of the zen versions should suit you. Until then the haanom & mirror at level 40 are all you can do.

I would not mind seeing a couple more, of course.

My rom sci bought a recluse, if that tells you anything about the faction.