Lt. Commander
Hello all,
I recently installed STO, got it up and running and had no problems. Today, when I attempted to run the game it said the file to start the launcher was missing. I proceeded to look into the folder where STO was installed, and low and behold, there was no .exe of any kind to run the game. There had been no changes to my system since I installed previously, and had it working with no problems, thus the disappearance of both the launcher and the STO .exe files is a total mystery. The game content (all 6.65+ gigs) was / is still intact and installed in the same location with no change. The uninstall.exe was still there. I proceeded to uninstall the game completely, and do a clean reinstall through the impulse client. After waiting for the game to download AGAIN I was presented with the same issue. Missing .exe file, as reported by the impulse client, and the I was prompted to re-download all 6.65 gigs again. I checked into the install location and again, the same. The uninstall.exe is intact, but the client launcher, and the game client .exe files are nowhere to be found, while the rest of the game is installed properly, and all present and accounted for. Any help in fixing this problem WITHOUT having to spend another few hours re-downloading the game would be appreciated. I am running Windows 7, with a GTX 260, and have confirmed that no anti-virus or other 3rd party software is involved with this problem, its all down to the installation and the impulse client to the best of my knowledge.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmont View Post
Hello all,
I recently installed STO, got it up and running and had no problems. Today, when I attempted to run the game it said the file to start the launcher was missing. I proceeded to look into the folder where STO was installed, and low and behold, there was no .exe of any kind to run the game. There had been no changes to my system since I installed previously, and had it working with no problems, thus the disappearance of both the launcher and the STO .exe files is a total mystery. The game content (all 6.65+ gigs) was / is still intact and installed in the same location with no change. The uninstall.exe was still there. I proceeded to uninstall the game completely, and do a clean reinstall through the impulse client. After waiting for the game to download AGAIN I was presented with the same issue. Missing .exe file, as reported by the impulse client, and the I was prompted to re-download all 6.65 gigs again. I checked into the install location and again, the same. The uninstall.exe is intact, but the client launcher, and the game client .exe files are nowhere to be found, while the rest of the game is installed properly, and all present and accounted for. Any help in fixing this problem WITHOUT having to spend another few hours re-downloading the game would be appreciated. I am running Windows 7, with a GTX 260, and have confirmed that no anti-virus or other 3rd party software is involved with this problem, its all down to the installation and the impulse client to the best of my knowledge.
http://files.startrekonline.com/inst...line_setup.exe

Install that, then copy your other folder over it. Dont worry. it will only overwrite the fles that are there.