Lt. Commander
# 61
01-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.
Hi,

Manufacturer: Acer

B.B.
You don't have enough air-flow for sure if your using any stock Acer, HP, Dell, or any other PC Brand case with those kind of specs.
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICRageman
Sulda these graphicks arent to great i dont see a lot of shiny reflecting things , i know its a mmo .
Age of Conan hade all so a problem with overheating in its beta towards clients and back then it was NVIDIA hou fixed it .
I just want to say NVIDIA dident touched my RIG .
My system gets out dated yes might be in 2012 for hich end game's
I like this game its hase its own thing , the graphicks are the same as Champions online .
You're one of those "special" kids, aren't you?
Lt. Commander
# 63
01-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Running 9600mgt graphics with push button overclocking, and iceberg cooling system , have had no issues, but for everyone overclocking obviously slow it down when it gets warm.
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubhunter View Post
Running 9600mgt graphics with push button overclocking, and iceberg cooling system , have had no issues, but for everyone overclocking obviously slow it down when it gets warm.
But but but....

It's not their cooling! Cryptic forgot to close a coding loop!

Honestly, I can't believe someone actually said that. What ever happened to natural selection?
Lt. Commander
# 65 GPU Overheating fix
01-23-2010, 10:14 AM
I have a brand new PC with a lovely new Radion HD 5850. Turned the graphics all the way up in STO and I would crash to desktop repeatedly, especialy in ground combat. Saw the following in my guild's forums and VOILA, all is good. I can now play STO with all of the settings maxed out, card runs cool and clean.

If you havent manually set your FPS with /maxfps command; then you are redlining your card without even knowing it. Apparently STO has a huge bug where it sets your GPU to try and attempt an infinite framerate which bottoms it out. Even if you arent running hot you are still doing damage since its redlined. To fix this serious problem log into the game and type /maxfps if it comes up 0.000000 then you have been running redline for days most likely. Just type /maxfps(space)# between 30-60 for fps. Then type just /maxfps to make sure it took.

The /showfps command may still show zero but thats bugged so dont pay attention to it. After you set your maxfps you should notice markably increased performance, less heat if you were running crazy hot like me, and the ability to set more stuff to max if you were unable to before.

LAST TIP VERY IMPORTANT. Dont forget that every time you log in you must set your fps again or it will go back to 0.00000.

This has helped 99% of the guild members who tried it and the other 1% did it anyway so they wouldnt keep redlining so I hope it helps yall. Have fun and see you....out there.
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-23-2010, 10:31 AM
I have a brand new PC with a lovely new Radion HD 5850. Turned the graphics all the way up in STO and I would crash to desktop repeatedly, especialy in ground combat. Saw the following in my guild's forums and VOILA, all is good. I can now play STO with all of the settings maxed out, card runs cool and clean.

If you havent manually set your FPS with /maxfps command; then you are redlining your card without even knowing it. Apparently STO has a huge bug where it sets your GPU to try and attempt an infinite framerate which bottoms it out. Even if you arent running hot you are still doing damage since its redlined. To fix this serious problem log into the game and type /maxfps if it comes up 0.000000 then you have been running redline for days most likely. Just type /maxfps(space)# between 30-60 for fps. Then type just /maxfps to make sure it took.

The /showfps command may still show zero but thats bugged so dont pay attention to it. After you set your maxfps you should notice markably increased performance, less heat if you were running crazy hot like me, and the ability to set more stuff to max if you were unable to before.

LAST TIP VERY IMPORTANT. Dont forget that every time you log in you must set your fps again or it will go back to 0.00000.

This has helped 99% of the guild members who tried it and the other 1% did it anyway so they wouldnt keep redlining so I hope it helps yall. Have fun and see you....out there.
Lt. Commander
# 67
01-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulda View Post
You're one of those "special" kids, aren't you?
I wish i was a kid and special !!!
No I dont like some one pointing out its the clients fault and be arogant about it ha :p
Back to alien bashing before beta is over .
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraxGTI View Post
You don't have enough air-flow for sure if your using any stock Acer, HP, Dell, or any other PC Brand case with those kind of specs.
lol so what youre saying is that I need a über customised build PC to play this game just because everything is overheating? bs if you ask me. why would this game be diffrent on that aspect then others?
Lt. Commander
# 69 Brand Name PCs
01-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.
lol so what youre saying is that I need a über customised build PC to play this game just because everything is overheating? bs if you ask me. why would this game be diffrent on that aspect then others?
No, I am saying that brand name PC makers make rather generic cases. If you take the best of the best components and throw them in there, you will have a PC that gets too hot when playing games that decide to make use of the graphics card to the extent that STO currently does.

STO doesn't push my GFX card anywhere close to other more recently developed games.

Run some benchmarking software that maxes out your PC for a couple of hours and check your temperatures. If they are not reasonable, then neither is your airflow.

You guys have to keep in mind that out of the tens of thousands of people that have tested this game, only a small handful are experiencing these issues. If it was specific to a problem with the game, then everyone would have these issues.
Lt. Commander
# 70
01-23-2010, 03:52 PM
really hope they fix this bug for launch, hopefully by then I will have enough money to pay for the damages it did to my system as well as buy the game seeing as I am missing the entire beta because of this...
Closed Thread