Empire Veteran
# 11
04-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
*Targs

But yes, this would be cool.
We were promised Targ Handler Kits for the KDF a few years ago.......................... I wonder where they are
Lieutenant
# 12
04-04-2014, 12:51 PM
I support this idea with all my Crazy stored Dilithium buying power!

Seriously though, this idea is excellent. Perhaps Tacticals could get the lions share (it's kinda what they do - shoot stuff) with Engineers and Science getting more "Supportive" style pets (Like the drones that Engis already get, just not on a timer - let them stay til they get shot to bits?)
Perhaps Science could beam down some EMH's, and Tacticals a few MACO security holograms?
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
04-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
We were promised Targ Handler Kits for the KDF a few years ago.......................... I wonder where they are
They're locked in the Defera Comm Tower.
Community Moderator
# 14
04-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
And then they gave KDF a free non-consumable combat pet (the Jackal Mastiff). One mission, no crafting involved. Works pretty much like the Hortas (minus the acid damage).

They could have given the same treatment to a combat Targ, but never did. Maybe because they wanted to keep Targ Handling in reserve as a kit ability. Or maybe because it would seem redundant to the pet they actually ended up giving us.

Given the way the new kit framework is set up, it doesn't seem likely that they will ever have a cross-career Targ module. If they ever did it, I bet it would be a Tac Officer framework module (Assault?)

That said, I'm all for the idea of giving KDF some form of Targ combat pet.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek