Captain
# 11
04-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Yeah, that's not what we're really referring to, realwildblu.

Some of us (like myself) like the challenge of bringing along low-ranking Mauve Shirts with limited powers in ground combat, and some of us simply like NPC dialogue to refer to our crew by their proper ranks.
I don't think the NPC refer your crew by using any ranks. NPC will not call any of your BOFF, except for storyline BOFF like Tovan, and they are called by name. As for the dialogue "title" it's also the name.
As for foundry, we can't know the name and the rank of your BOFF, only the class and if he/she is used on the ship/ground team.

And you can use the ensign rank even if they are cadet. The only place you'll see they are cadet is on the character panel, otherwise they'll be ensign if you want to.

I didn't even notice the rank was changed.

Captain
# 12
04-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Yeah, that's not what we're really referring to, realwildblu.

Some of us (like myself) like the challenge of bringing along low-ranking Mauve Shirts with limited powers in ground combat, and some of us simply like NPC dialogue to refer to our crew by their proper ranks.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realwildblu View Post
OK, so you want it for the immersion/RP factor. If I could wave a magic wand, I would eliminate the game assignment of the Boff rank and use player-designated ranks. I have a Rear Admiral character who has a Boff that I want to assign as Captain...
Oh how I wish you could do this.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.