Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
I was on my Bridge and attempted to beam out to tactical view and I get an error saying Couldn't Transfer Character Could someone transfer my character back to sector space.

I have been moved back to sector space.
If someone moved me Thanks and if not well thanks for all your hard work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2010, 05:57 PM
I'm having the same problem right now. Rator III won't let me beam back to my ship for some reason. PvP queues don't let me out either and so far I've yet to hear from a GM.
Lt. Commander
Same problem - sitting in the middle of Psi Velorum space unable to do anything at all. Any zone, battle, transwarp or instance change and it boots me to the login menu with the 'Couldn't transfer Character' message. My Alt is unaffected, and playing on the same server.

I've logged four GM tickets, some of them now outstanding for hours without any response whatsoever. This game has the most appalling GM support I have ever experienced. I have never played an MMO where GM petitioning wasn't live. Although I'm loath to mention it, even in WoW I never had to wait for more than 20 mins.

I'm a lifetime subscriber and I've put up with all the woes so far but I work 100 hours a week and have spent 120 hours on this toon - if the problem is not resolved (ie, if I lose this toon) I will be recovering all of my subscription and cancelling my account.

Beyond unimpressed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2010, 02:37 PM
been having this issue on all map transfers on my char... and no response on gm requests...
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluant
been having this issue on all map transfers on my char... and no response on gm requests...
Tickets can take up to 24hrs to respond to depending on the GM que. You submitted your first GM ticket less than 24hrs, but I will see where you are in the que. Submitting multiple tickets does not help get your issue addressed sooner.

Edit: Your ticket should be addressed soon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Implausible
Tickets can take up to 24hrs to respond to depending on the GM que. You submitted your first GM ticket less than 24hrs, but I will see where you are in the que. Submitting multiple tickets does not help get your issue addressed sooner.

Edit: Your ticket should be addressed soon.
thank you.

btw, It would be helpful to have that message come up in game when submitting a request... not 'a GM will contact you soon'.

soon tends to make one think soon.

edit: missed the 'k' in thank.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
thank you.

btw, It would be helpful to have that message come up in game when submitting a request... not 'a GM will contact you soon'.

soon tends to make one think soon.

edit: missed the 'k' in thank.
Well if there isn't a back log of tickets then they can get to you soon. It just depends. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Well if there isn't a back log of tickets then they can get to you soon. It just depends. :p
lol, right on!

just figured i would ask in here, as I have read horror stories... and i have a CO ticket that's been open for like over 200 days...I panicked. :p

thanks for checking on this one!
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-16-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
lol, right on!

just figured i would ask in here, as I have read horror stories... and i have a CO ticket that's been open for like over 200 days...I panicked. :p

thanks for checking on this one!
Ahhh now here is where we get in to the different types of tickets! Billing, GM, and Tech support tickets are answered in the order received, and typically within 24 hrs. Now there is one type of ticket that is never answered, this is a bug ticket. These are collected and looked at by out dev and QA teams. If they cannot reproduce the reported issue then it waits for other occurrences or additional details. These tickets never get directly answered, but if the issue is addressed then it maybe added to the release notes or some may know them as "patch notes" (depending on the severity).
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Ahhh now here is where we get in to the different types of tickets! Billing, GM, and Tech support tickets are answered in the order received, and typically within 24 hrs. Now there is one type of ticket that is never answered, this is a bug ticket. These are collected and looked at by out dev and QA teams. If they cannot reproduce the reported issue then it waits for other occurrences or additional details. These tickets never get directly answered, but if the issue is addressed then it maybe added to the release notes or some may know them as "patch notes" (depending on the severity).
now someone tells me... that's good to know. sigh. Now I have to go over there to that side and 'reclassify' my ticket as it's a full-time issue, and not one to reproduce.

Where were you when I needed you the most? *hums tune in head*

Well you averted a needless worry on my part. I appreciate it. I must say, you have been the most helpful person on the forums and in-game... from public and company side. If I could send in a letter of commendation I would.

Thank you, again.