Ensign
# 1 Tribbles!
04-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Dear Cryptic,

I really love most of the special fleet projects for the federation. But the tribbles are just horrible, they are literally everywhere, and when you ask nemo jones to clean them up, they return in like 5 minutes.

We had decided to no slot it in our fleet projects, but someone hasn't payed attention to it and now we do have the project. Since our fleet is pretty big someone filled it up too.
So now we have them.

Now this wouldn't be a problem for us if we would be able to somehow turn them on and off, just like you can do with the projection of the ship for new years.
Isn't this something you could develop.
I would think more fleets regret having this project and they would love such an option.
Career Officer
# 2
04-07-2014, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shumin View Post
Dear Cryptic,

I really love most of the special fleet projects for the federation. But the tribbles are just horrible, they are literally everywhere, and when you ask nemo jones to clean them up, they return in like 5 minutes.

We had decided to no slot it in our fleet projects, but someone hasn't payed attention to it and now we do have the project. Since our fleet is pretty big someone filled it up too.
So now we have them.

Now this wouldn't be a problem for us if we would be able to somehow turn them on and off, just like you can do with the projection of the ship for new years.
Isn't this something you could develop.
I would think more fleets regret having this project and they would love such an option.
Go talk to the Cyrano Jones descendent NPC up at your SB's Bar. You can turn them off there; but it only lasts until the instance is closed (IE next time you beam in, the Tribbles are there.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 3
04-07-2014, 02:16 PM
I would have NO problem with a new Fleet Holding: Tribble Eradication.

Cost: 50,000 fleet marks. 100 operations, engineering and science doffs. 1 dil.

It would simply have them in the 'Off' state until someone turned them back on.

Thusly it would be repeatable.

Solves the Fleet Mark overage and cleans up a problem over and over.

EDIT - This is a stroke of GENIUS.
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Captain
# 4
04-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Turn down the video settings and they go away. Not an ideal solution, but it works.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.
Captain
# 5
04-07-2014, 04:25 PM
[NPC] Tribbles are adorable, until someone leaves one near a replicator.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 6
04-07-2014, 08:14 PM
I have created 2 sports called Tribble Soccer and Tribble Hockey to deal with this problematic cosmetic project. Not sure if it would work with two or more people, but it is certainly fun to kick the tribble through a goal.