Career Officer
# 1 Fleet support system
03-26-2014, 03:11 PM
It seems that one of the biggest issues regarding fleets right now is that smaller fleets are at an obvious disadvantage when it comes to leveling up holds. There are also a lot of large fleets that have an excess of Fleet Marks and other project requirements, so why not add a feature to solve both problems at once?

A smaller fleet could request support from a larger fleet that has more than enough materials for Fleet projects. Once a larger Fleet takes up their offer they will become a sort of sub-fleet to the larger one, they will still remain their own separate fleets, the only difference will be that the larger fleet will be able to contribute to projects in the sub fleet. They wont have access to any of the sub-fleet's holds, they can only bring up the sub-fleets project list and contribute to it.

This will help smaller fleets build up their Starbases, and also help larger fleets with excess resources to earn more Fleet Credits. Maybe even give an incentive for larger fleets to help out by giving some small reward every time the sub-fleet levels up. And if the sub-fleet reaches the max Fleet level (forgot what it is) then everyone in the large fleet who contributed a certain amount could get something special, like a Fleet Module. A large fleet will be able to cut ties with the smaller fleet whenever they want, but a sub-fleet can only do so when there are no active fleet projects.

This idea still needs some work, but what do you guys think?
__________________________________________________ ___
Anyone want to give me a Wells class Temporal Science Vessel? Ill be your friend
Career Officer
# 2
04-09-2014, 05:45 AM
This and many ideas like it have been suggested for a while now. My version throws a 10% tax for the "transportation cost" of materials from the big fleet to the small one. So for every 10 marks the big fleet gives to the small one, only 9 actually arrive at the small fleet holding.

But in general I think you will find that most people will agree with you. Something is needed to address the lack of mark generation of Megafleets and the severe lack of resources of tiny fleets.
Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
Captain
# 3
04-09-2014, 06:04 AM
For the most part Gillon, I like your idea, but why would the large fleet have the option to break the alliance, but not the smaller one? That seems a little too one sided in my opinion.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 4
04-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvalecortez View Post
This and many ideas like it have been suggested for a while now. My version throws a 10% tax for the "transportation cost" of materials from the big fleet to the small one. So for every 10 marks the big fleet gives to the small one, only 9 actually arrive at the small fleet holding.

But in general I think you will find that most people will agree with you. Something is needed to address the lack of mark generation of Megafleets and the severe lack of resources of tiny fleets.
I dont see what would be the point of having imposing a "Tax" though? It doesnt seem like there is any good reason for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetapipmac View Post
For the most part Gillon, I like your idea, but why would the large fleet have the option to break the alliance, but not the smaller one? That seems a little too one sided in my opinion.
Well thats if a reward is given to large fleet for helping out. So in my example if they get something when the fleet they're helping reaches the max level, the smaller fleet cant break the alliance right before they level up and screw the larger fleet out of their reward. Not saying that the large fleets need to get anything but something tells me thats the only way the large fleets would actually bother with this system.
Anyone want to give me a Wells class Temporal Science Vessel? Ill be your friend
Captain
# 5
04-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilion View Post

Well thats if a reward is given to large fleet for helping out. So in my example if they get something when the fleet they're helping reaches the max level, the smaller fleet cant break the alliance right before they level up and screw the larger fleet out of their reward. Not saying that the large fleets need to get anything but something tells me thats the only way the large fleets would actually bother with this system.
Perhaps, but if the smaller fleet has to completely shut down their own development in order to break the alliance I don't see many smaller fleets opting for that system either.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 6
04-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilion View Post
I dont see what would be the point of having imposing a "Tax" though? It doesnt seem like there is any good reason for it.
The reason for the tax is to actually help out the bigger fleets too. We all agree that large fleets need ways to generate credits and that small fleets need the resources right?

Well lets say my system is in place. A project that the small fleet slots costs 1000 fm (random number for easy math). Now Someone from the big fleet sends over 1000 fm and gets the credit for having contributed 100 fm which would be 5000 fc.

Now under my tax, only 900 fm actually arrive at the small fleet since the transportation guild or faeries or whatever have taken their cut. So the project still needs 100 more marks. 100 is far more manageable for a small fleet than 1000 is. So someone from the small fleet can fill in the marks since my tax creates a small buffer zone for those with less to donate.

Alternatively, someone from the big fleet can see that 100 marks are still needed and donate them and get paid 500 fc. 90 fm make it to the small fleet so now only 10 are needed. The small fleet again has the opportunity to contribute so they aren't shut out completely by the big fleets members.

My tax system actually requires more marks from those that have them to give which in turn generates more credits for them, which is sort of the whole point now isn't it?
Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
Career Officer
# 7
04-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetapipmac View Post
Perhaps, but if the smaller fleet has to completely shut down their own development in order to break the alliance I don't see many smaller fleets opting for that system either.
Hmm I see your point, the basic idea was like I said, if there is a reward for the larger fleet then some how the smaller fleet shouldn't be able to screw them over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvalecortez View Post
The reason for the tax is to...
Oh, well when you put it like that it seems like a good idea, but still kind of pointless. I guarantee if someone has enough FM or whatever to contribute to the smaller fleet they will, even with the tax one person could fill it, they'll just keep contributing until its full, even if they have to do it a few times.