Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Captain
# 31
04-10-2014, 03:39 AM
Take CE , replace it with a "Borg Supercube" (which should physically dwarf our ships) , have it eject occasionally probes of different kind with different abilities and/or have it summon reinforcements in the form of regular and Tactical cubes .

I'm sure this is a staggering suggestion that would take Cryptic months and months of effort to complete .
(and then they will find some way to mess it up)
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .
Career Officer
# 32
04-10-2014, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Which does not change the fact that it would still be incredibly boring to need 40+ players to defeat a single cube. While it might be correct to canon, from a game standpoint it would be horrendous.
The real Borg, when Picard first met them, sliced thru the Enterprise like it was butter! That's the Borg I want! Not the whimpy ones we got in-game.

On the other hand, the moment ppl get one-shot in an Elite that's actually hard, they immediately complain bitterly as it is. So maybe not.
Career Officer
# 33
04-10-2014, 04:41 AM
I'd vote to make cubes freakin' scary again. One problem is they are so common. Seeing a cube should be a 'oh crap' thing.

It would be awesome if they replaced the Crystaline Entity with a cube. 10 on 1 to beat it sounds about right for a cube. I've never liked the idea of the Crystaline Entity, even in the series. I think there is a reason why it only appeared a couple of times. It just doesn't work, IMHO.

All the STFs could be left the way they are, just replace all the cubes with spheres, and spheres with probes. Probes with something appropriate. Get rid of the flying sausage at the end of Red Alerts as well, replace it with, i don't know, a tactical sphere?

The TD daily is kind annoying to me. You fly in on the Tholians smacking down the Borg. The Tholians? Really? Sometimes it feels like the dev's look everywhere but in Star Trek for ideas. Romulans get remade into elves from Lord of the Rings, Tholians becoming arachnids from Starship Troopers, Borg becoming zombies from Walking Dead.

I'm not going to cry doom, stamp my feet and threaten to leave. I just want scary Borg, Conniving Romulans, Lumbering Gorn, and Delta Quadrant villains who are in the Delta Quadrant, not hanging out in my back yard.
Community Moderator
# 34
04-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Captains,

This thread is way, way off course. Please post on-topic.

See thread title if you're wondering what the topic is...
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Community Moderator
# 35
04-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Thread move
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek