Lt. Commander
# 11
01-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albarest
Already tried exiting the Anti virus before the game starts.

And, yes, I did a restart after the drivers uninstall.

I'll try it out again latter and check the processor load.
I highly doubt it though. Mine is a quad core... this game really that heavy?
My PC is good enough to handle Supreme Commander... I don't think it'd have any problem running STO.
i am just naming possibilities, also, since the game only recommends a dual core, it probably can only utilize two cores, not the full four, if that is the case it could be maxing the two it can use, though that would make it even less likely the keyboard is being overridden by cpu load since there are extra cores to run the keyboard off of.

as for the restart reminder i meant no offence (in case you took some), i am a trained pc tech and you learn fast and make it habit to always ask the obvious questions like that, the moment you don't ask is the time that it wasn't done, and by extension the only thing needed for the fix to go through. besides even the best of us like myself will get caught up in a "fix" and skip such a simple step as restarting on occasion, merely because we do the work so often we run on auto and don't think about it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-23-2010, 12:26 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=77316

Had a smiliar problem too, ALT-Tabbing fixed it for me..
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Odd... I just reinstalled setpoint and it's fine now.
Been playing for a couple hours last night with no anomalies.

... well, there's 1 anomaly. My ship was being shown as my avatar while in space for a few seconds. Vice versa happened with my avatar while in base.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Odd... I just reinstalled setpoint and it's fine now.
Been playing for a couple hours last night with no anomalies.

... well, there's 1 anomaly. My ship was being shown as my avatar while in space for a few seconds. Vice versa happened with my avatar while in base.
yeah the avatar bug is with the game not you lol

as for the reinstall of setpoint glad it helped
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Just recalled something else I did after reinstalling logitech setpoint.

After launching the game, I pulled windows task manager using ctrl-alt-del, and increased the priority level for the game client to High. I think that's the one that fixed the problem.

Just a TIP for other people who experienced the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Just recalled something else I did after reinstalling logitech setpoint.

After launching the game, I pulled windows task manager using ctrl-alt-del, and increased the priority level for the game client to High. I think that's the one that fixed the problem.

Just a TIP for other people who experienced the same problem.
yeah that very well could have done it lol
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Ok, it did that again a couple times.

But the good news is that I finally found the culprit.
It's the keyboard switch function. You know, the one that's in regional setting.
Seems that some combination of space battle movement is the default to switch to another language keyboard (in my case Chinese).

Just turn off all the keyboard shortcut for any language switching in windows control panel.
Runs fine all the way now.

Well, aside from the server being down again just now.
This makes it the 2nd time today.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-24-2010, 03:20 AM
I've noticed most of the time if I am trying to maneuver with the WSAD keys and am pressing one of those four buttons or more at once and try to simultaneously press 1-0 on the keyboard for the skill bindings, the 1-0 buttons will not respond until I release the WSA or D keys.

This makes space battle very difficult and down right annoying.

However, just before the server crashed I had a very similar issue to what the OP described for the first time. I was shooting an asteroid on the Minefield mission when all of a sudden none of my key-bindings were responding and I was getting that sci-fi beeping noise that now happens if you try to use a power that is on a cool-down.

I wasn't even moving in space, at a stand still so I wasn't pressing WSAD. When I pressed a special ability in my tray with the mouse, they all of a sudden began to respond again to keyboard commands.