Captain
Does anyone have any tips for recording footage from STO, specifically combat/mission footage without having theHUD displayed, aside from "Turn off the HUD and pray you hit the right keys?"

I'm looking to put a few things together for my friends and am, frankly, clueless as to how I'd go about recording play without the HUD.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Ensign
# 2
04-17-2014, 07:48 AM
The demo record feature comes to mind.

It records all the events in the game into a demo file which you can have the game play up for you after the fact.
Captain
# 3
04-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fringecutlery View Post
The demo record feature comes to mind.

It records all the events in the game into a demo file which you can have the game play up for you after the fact.
That looks like it will do very nicely! Thank you, I didn't even know about it.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Rihannsu
# 4
04-17-2014, 08:34 PM
It all you want is HUG-less screenies, the game automatically makes one each time you hit the button. It saves them in the game folder STO/Live/Screenshots (or STO/Tribble/Screenshots if it's a Tribble screen cap.)
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 5
04-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Okay, so I recorded my footage with demorecord, but when i play it back, instead of showing the zone I was in (Contested zone above the Allied Control Point), it plays back my ship exploding the Voth as it's supposed to, but demo shows me as being in this space zone, maybe something like Sol, with a large blue planet and saucer-esque station.

Here's a link to the .demo file if anyone wants to take a look (maybe tacofangs?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It all you want is HUG-less screenies, the game automatically makes one each time you hit the button. It saves them in the game folder STO/Live/Screenshots (or STO/Tribble/Screenshots if it's a Tribble screen cap.)
Nah, screenshots are easy, I was after some actual moving, shooting video.

[EDIT]

Found my issue, created a shortcut on the desktop and added the demoplay commands to it instead of using the command line in the Options section of the normal launcher. Derp.

Last edited by thegrimcorsair; 04-20-2014 at 10:35 AM.