Captain
# 21
04-20-2014, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliendejour View Post
I like the idea of adding some cannon TOS outfits. Orion outfit for KDF, gray jackets for Fed, and Talosian robes & old style laser pistols for all.
Don't know, I think if we have ANYTHING its enough TOS outfits and weapons....

But hey.... that anniversary seems a good timing for a t5 connie
Support more story content in STO
Commander
# 22
04-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Funny to find this thread now. "The Cage", I think is one of the most iconic episodes of TOS and one if my favorites. After watching it again I got to thinking how I could bring the Talosians back in the foundry.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...11&postcount=2

Shameless plug I admit it.

I agree completely we need some developer recognition of this milestone, either through costumes, laser pistols, SOMETHING.
Career Officer
# 23
04-20-2014, 01:22 PM
From Memory Alpha:

Quote:
The episode's first draft script had an opening scene in the hangar bay where Captain April, whose character at this stage was a tad older than Captain Pike was later written, is inspecting new crew members. He remarks disapprovingly to the doctor, at one point, about the young age of some of these officers. "Something," Roddenberry later wrote in a memo, "that Jim Kirk, the boy wonder of the Academy, never would have done." In this same scene, April sees a number of badly-wounded crewmen off the ship, onto a space shuttle or taxi from the Human colony of Antares. Among these departing officers is an uninjured former navigator named Crowley who April is sending back in disgrace, because he fired on friendly aliens. The officer argues that they were monstrous in appearance and asks how he could have known that they were intelligent enough to have weapons. These protests are met by a stern but subdued dismissal from the captain, who quietly orders, "Get off my ship, mister." (The Making of Star Trek; The Star Trek Compendium, 4th ed., pp. 11-12)
I'll tell you what I'd like.

I'd like an episode set before TOS with Robert April (Pike's predecessor aboard the 1701) and Number One (voiced by the actress who does the computer voice in STO).

Have them wear the uniforms from The Cage and the uniform Garth of Izar (and a couple of other characters wore) as a dress uniform Or Paramount approving, the Kelvin uniforms from Star Trek 2009 which should technically be the post-Enterprise/pre-TOS uniforms in both timelines..

The original captain of the 1701, Robert April.

Heck, April even preceded Pike in the J.J.-verse in the Into Darkness prequel comics.

Here's what we can piece together about April:

He was the first captain of the 1701. Had a wife named Sarah (possible last name Poole) who had served with him as ship's Doctor. He might be British although he wasn't in most sources.

Kirk's father, George, may have served with him as XO (presumably after serving with Richard Robau on the Kelvin and possibly after a stint on Tarsus IV where Governor Kodos performed his executions). Pike also may have been his first officer.

Number One served for awhile as April's helmsman according to recent sources.

I think it was implied that there might have been some aliens serving aboard although obviously no Vulcans. A Caitian, Trill, Andorian, or Denobulan would all work.

Also... The TOS sets might need a slight recolor to get the red out if they were used for a mission like this.
Captain
# 24
04-27-2014, 01:02 AM
And here I am just asking for new costumes.

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.