Captain
# 21
03-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Did anybody mention that launched shuttles on the Dreadnaught Cruiser will spawn at the aft torpedo launcher (at least for the Venture Type this is where the shuttlebay is) and then shoot forward like Galactica starfighters, crash through the entire Stardrive section to eject from the deflector dish again?

I'm sorry, but calling that a reboot ... really sorry, I know you guys work hard, but it gets more and more embarassing. There is no effort to customize the animations in any way shape or form, yet it's announced big and wide and offered for roughly 40 bucks.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
04-02-2014, 12:06 PM
So - two full weeks since the last reply, longer since it's been announced on the 'official bug list'. Any chance we could get an update of when our ships could see some TLC from a ship artist?
Captain
# 23
04-02-2014, 01:29 PM
I'm beginning to think it's officially back on the "Ignore It and Hope They Give Up List". The fact that it doesn't even get a mention on the "Known Issues" list when a patch comes out speaks volumes.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Career Officer
# 24
04-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
I'm beginning to think it's officially back on the "Ignore It and Hope They Give Up List". The fact that it doesn't even get a mention on the "Known Issues" list when a patch comes out speaks volumes.
The Known issues list would need three posts in the Release Notes each week to make everyone happy. They will get to it when they get to it.. They are busy on ESD, when season 9 launches in 3.5 Weeks it will then be back towards the top of the list.
Captain
# 25
04-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by primar13 View Post
The Known issues list would need three posts in the Release Notes each week to make everyone happy. They will get to it when they get to it.. They are busy on ESD, when season 9 launches in 3.5 Weeks it will then be back towards the top of the list.
If this were a new issue I would believe that, it isn't, it's a very old one, so I will believe that when I see it, not before.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.

Last edited by maxvitor; 04-02-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
04-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by primar13 View Post
Actually the ship and environment artists are different people, so the people developing ESD and the new space maps wouldn't be the same group as those who design and skin ships. The ship artists are certainly busy on the new Undine vessels and art, and I can appreciate and accept that, but after well over a year (Nearly two on the Venture's behalf) - finally having an admission that they need work is something I will keep active. I won't be a pest about it, but I will keep it active.
Captain
# 27
04-02-2014, 08:23 PM
If being a pest gets results, I can live with that. It's not a crime to ask them to fix merchandise that never should have made it past quality control in that state to begin with, then be left in that sorry state for so long. I'm beginning to wonder if these issues would get more momentum using the in-game bug reporting system. The only Devs who comment in the forums lately are in the systems and environment groups, which makes me wonder how often the ship devs even look in the forums.
Don't get me wrong, I do not expect, nor do I want a running commentary on everything they are doing, I want them working on ships, but when we get no response at all to pages and pages of posts regarding issues with ships graphics, it pretty much looks like the ship devs are simply ignoring the forums.
Career Officer
# 28
04-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Still no word on when this is going to be fixed? Come on guys, these are ships that we pay for, and they look half-finished.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
04-21-2014, 11:22 AM
All right, Season 9 is going live tomorrow, so we can safely assume any and all art for new and pressing content is beyond finished.

Can the Galaxy and Venture PLEASE go to the top of the art list now? Or could we have a guesstimated date of when this is going to be worked on at the very least?
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
04-30-2014, 08:57 AM
Here's another bump. Cryptic could at least be nice enough to put us on the 'known issues list' so things felt less futile. You know...

Known Issues:
Galaxy Dreadnought Additions completely off center
Venture Saucer missing windows
Galaxy Model looks a lot like it was rendered by an N64