Lt. Commander
I have a problem where 10 to 15 minutes into playing STO (maybe a little longer sometimes), my system comes to a complete halt, where all on-screen activity stops, and there's no response from my keyboard and mouse. If I have music on too, it will go on for about 30 seconds more, then starts sounding like its being slowed down as much as possible. It's NOT overheating, I have both CPU monitoring and video card monitoring going on and it never gets any hotter than any other game. Everything is at stock speed and my drivers are at most 2 weeks old.

Every other game runs perfectly EXCEPT for Borderlands and Batman: Arkham Asylum, something that *might* help point the way (and maybe help me resolve those games too!).

My specs: (this is in the dxdiag of course)

Core2Quad 2.4 ghz
8 gigs RAM
ATi 4850 (Asus branded)
Windows 7 64 bit

DxDiag:

http://pastebin.com/f76a7c0bb
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
just for the sake of trouble shooting. You might try going into your device manager and disabling your sound card. See if it locks up with no sound.

I think that's probably an ATI 4850 not nVidia. You probably have an nvidia motherboard chip set and get them confused or something.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScragg View Post
just for the sake of trouble shooting. You might try going into your device manager and disabling your sound card. See if it locks up with no sound.

I think that's probably an ATI 4850 not nVidia. You probably have an nvidia motherboard chip set and get them confused or something.
You know, I should know better, but it's absolutely an ATi, you are right. at me. I'll edit that right

I'll try that. I use onboard audio, so my thoughts were there would be many more problems if it was that, but I'll give it a shot anyway