Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
Here is a link to a post on the Neverwinter forums (which shares nearly the same graphics settings as STO now does) that tells you how to set up the graphics settings if you're running on a lower-end machine (like me). Before implementing these changes, I was lagging and the visual quality was horrible. Using the guide, it's almost back to the old STO. If it doesn't help, well...I tried. Give the link a second to load, it takes a while for some reason. Also, if this is in the wrong place, sorry

Last edited by caeloaeturnum; 04-22-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
04-23-2014, 03:00 AM
Thanks for sharing this.
It didn't help with the crash to desktop problem I have...but it's still solid advice.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Ensign
# 3 Please repeat the reson
04-23-2014, 04:39 AM
Im going to regret updating to season 9. Why? 1: The last earth spacedock was perfect for my taste, most importantly #2: what happened to the graphics? I know you said so but I didn't catch it, Also where did my body armor go? It says its equipped but its not equipped. Could some one please repeat pefectworlds excuse for the poor graphics? And guy who posted above me: Arc is excellent, You are actually playing a game not some slow online junk heap. Peace and long life
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-23-2014, 04:50 AM
@Rezking. That quote in your signature is by the character Jane from Firefly, is it not?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-23-2014, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessley00 View Post
Arc is excellent
That will be your little secret
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
@Rezking. That quote in your signature is by the character Jayne from Firefly, is it not?
Why, it is.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Commander
# 6
04-23-2014, 10:35 AM
RED FLAG! DO NOT TRY THIS!

The guy in that topic is telling people to Overclock their system hardware, but is giving them instructions like every single person has the same hardware he does.

This is BAD. You can damage your system beyond repair by recklessly overclocking because not all hardware handles overclocking well.

Do not regard that guys overclock suggestions, period!
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by platewearingbird View Post
RED FLAG! DO NOT TRY THIS!

The guy in that topic is telling people to Overclock their system hardware, but is giving them instructions like every single person has the same hardware he does.

This is BAD. You can damage your system beyond repair by recklessly overclocking because not all hardware handles overclocking well.

Do not regard that guys overclock suggestions, period!
Yeah, I guess I should've mentioned I didn't do that either. Mainly 'cause I don't know how, but also I've heard you can damage your hardware if you don't know what you're doing. However, the rest of the stuff still stands.