Career Officer
# 11
04-23-2014, 08:16 AM
I have to run on low/medium low settings and I'm on a quad core mac pro with 12GB of ram

I have turned everything up to maximum to do screenshots. It looks amazing, but my frame rate goes down to about 1 frame per 5 seconds! haha
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
04-23-2014, 09:34 AM
That's ridiculous, isn't it? A computer that powerful with any half decent card should be able to run this game at near maximum settings.

I've got a new Mac Pro with 6 cores and 16GB of RAM and it all counts for nought, just like you.
Career Officer
# 13
04-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Under display setting, there is a setting (Ratio I think), set it to 1. Fixed it for me.
Options > Display > Resolution Scale > 1.0

Even though I have the same settings for both Windows (Boot Camp) and Mac, Macside I select a character, it'll load 95.something and it'll crash. Sometimes have to do a forced shutdown.

And here's my macro for taking screenshots. It'll temporarily up the resolution, take a screen without the UI, and drop it back down again. Change the key and file format to whatever you prefer.

/bind "PrtScrn" "renderscale 2 $$ screenshot_jpg $$ renderscale 1"
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
04-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leihngwei View Post
Options > Display > Resolution Scale > 1.0

Even though I have the same settings for both Windows (Boot Camp) and Mac, Macside I select a character, it'll load 95.something and it'll crash. Sometimes have to do a forced shutdown.

And here's my macro for taking screenshots. It'll temporarily up the resolution, take a screen without the UI, and drop it back down again. Change the key and file format to whatever you prefer.

/bind "PrtScrn" "renderscale 2 $$ screenshot_jpg $$ renderscale 1"
Hey, that macro is awesome. Thank you!!

If I wanted to make the macro include the UI, how would I alter the macro?

Why would I want to screengrab the screen with the UI? Let's just say that whilst I enjoy the ability to save loadouts for ships I'm a little bit more comfortable knowing that if the system ever fails (surely that could never happen!!) I have an image that shows me what goes where.
Lieutenant
# 15
04-23-2014, 08:31 PM
The wednesday patch seems to have really improved things, much less crashing and the game loads instantly now. It's like it's just noticed I have an SSD.
Lieutenant
# 16
04-24-2014, 10:02 PM
My new maxed-out iMac arrived Wednesday morning (22nd) . Within a few hours I was happily playing STO on it with no problems. Now everytime I try to beam down to Kronos the game crashes. I've turned off anti-aliasing, tried Fullscreen and Windowed modes. 2 other issues:

-I have 2 monitors and could play fullscreen and have Ventrillio and other stuff up on the 2nd monitor. Now when I'm in fullscreen the 2nd monitor is black.

-When on headset I only get sound from the left side. All other apps provide sound on both sides. I verified this using Ventrillio and talking to other players while I was playing (what little playtime I could get before crashing).

Guess I'll have to update the Windows version and bootcamp it until they get this fixed.
Lieutenant
# 17
04-25-2014, 02:49 PM
After today's update the Mac Client is a bit more stable but still has issues. It still locked up on beam down to First City but when I restarted it had me in the transporter room so I was able to go about my business. I played a KDF Fleet Alert with no issues other than the two I mentioned above. And the sound isn't just my headset, it's the speakers too. I'm only getting sound from the left speaker, ditto for headset. And I still can't do anything with my 2nd monitor when playing fullscreen. This did not happen before the Season 9 update. I've checked audio settings and "default sound device" is the only option so not much I can change there.

I did bootcamp into Win7 and played there some last night. Game looks absolutely fantastic played in "full screen" mode which is 2560x1440. The Nvidia 780M has no problem with FPS at that res. And I can still use the 2nd monitor and don't have audio issues. Rebooting into Win7 is a nuisance but is really my only option until they finish fixing what Season 9 broke on the Mac Client.
Captain
# 18
04-29-2014, 03:18 PM
I guess nobody knows why my textures are having moving small squares ( flickering )? Sighs, I don't get it it was working perfectly well a few months ago,,...