Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Launcher error
01-24-2010, 07:16 AM
Good afternoon,

after the latest update from today I cannot start the game anymore. Right after clicking the "Engage"-Button the Cryptic Loader shows up and after 30 percent it kicks me back into Windows showing the error message: "CrypticError: Oops! Your application has crashed.". In this window I have the opportunity to send the error message to Cryptic, which I did. But I thought to post it here, too, in case some others have the same problem.

Cheers,
Whitewater23
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2010, 07:31 AM
my problem is sorta the same but it's even worse now i can not even view the launcher but when i click the icon to start the game it shows up only in the task bar not the rest of the screen so i am unable to evne patchthe game
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2010, 09:59 AM
If it is of any help: "Safe mode" or "Windowed Mode" doesn't work either. Same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Status after server restart: same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreaminEagles Turbo
my problem is sorta the same but it's even worse now i can not even view the launcher but when i click the icon to start the game it shows up only in the task bar not the rest of the screen so i am unable to evne patchthe game
Same problem, I can't view the launcher at all. It shows up on the task bar but hangs.

WIndows XP
Service Pack 3
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Morning,

by the way: I got it running. On Windows 7 64bit you need to select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu (right click on the STO icon). Otherwise the error message appears. Now it works without any problems so far.

Regards,
Whitewater23
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2010, 04:07 AM
had one too, fatal error, except i was ingame and had just left one of those drydock frames and was about to beam over to Starbase1. the launcher is now verifying files
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewater23 View Post
Good afternoon,

after the latest update from today I cannot start the game anymore. Right after clicking the "Engage"-Button the Cryptic Loader shows up and after 30 percent it kicks me back into Windows showing the error message: "CrypticError: Oops! Your application has crashed.". In this window I have the opportunity to send the error message to Cryptic, which I did. But I thought to post it here, too, in case some others have the same problem.

Cheers,
Whitewater23
I am getting something similar after todays patch. I get stuck about 10% into the loading screen progress bar and the game "stops responding" there I sit
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
had one too, fatal error, except i was ingame and had just left one of those drydock frames and was about to beam over to Starbase1. the launcher is now verifying files
Similar issue. In Game Crash. Restart from Launcher and wait for "verify". It completes and repeat error. Comp restart and again from Launcher "Verify".

Restart seems to be working....will see